← Biology Final Exam Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Give 2 reasons that explain why there are gaps in the fossil record?
- what is true about all seeds in nature?
- in biology, an evolutionary innovation is also reffered to as a..
- yeast obtain energy by alcoholic fermentation in the absence of..
- the number and location of bones of many fossil vertebrates are similar to those in living vertebrates. Most biologists wou;d probably explain this fact on the basis of..
- a all fruits contain seeds
- b shared derived characteristic
- c 1. We haven't found them 2. There has to be perfect conditions for fossilization
- d oxygen
- e a common ancestor
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- the methanogens, the thermoacidophiles, and the halophiles
- a detailed record of evelotion
- be more similar to one another than they are to species in other genera
- present in bryophytes
- carrying out photosynthesis, recycling nutrients, and fixing nitrogen
5 True/False Questions
A(an) ... is all of the genes that are present in a particular population → producing seeds
Xylem Tissue is important to ferns b/c it.. → salty enviroment
for many species, there are often regional differences in their.. → common names
why might darwin have hesitated to publish his concept of evolution by natural natural selection? → amebic dysentery
fern spores are.. → vary greatly in size and structure