1. _______________________ communication means communicating with oneself.
2. The type of communication most often characterized by an unequal distribution of speaking time is _______________________.
4. A __________________________ is the method by which a message is conveyed between people.
5. _________________________ is the discernible response of a receiver to a sender's message.
1. _____________________________ is like a mental mirror that reflects how we view ourselves.
2. _____________________________ are personal stories that we and others create to make sense of our personal world.
3. ____________________ is the ability to re-create another person's perspective, to experience the world from the other's point of view.
4. __________________________ is the compassion one may feel for another person's predicament.
3. Fast or slow, small or large, smart or stupid, and short or long are examples of ______________________ words.
4. ________________ ______________ contains words that sound as if they are describing something when they are really announcing the speaker's attitude toward something.
_____________________ is the process in which sound waves strike the eardrum and cause vibrations that are transmitted to the brain.
2. ________________________ occurs when the brain interprets sound and gives meaning to the sound.
3. _______________________ listeners respond only to the parts of a speaker's remarks that interest them, rejecting everything else.
4. ___________________ listeners listen carefully, but only because they are collecting information to attack what you have to say.
1. ____________________ are deliberate nonverbal behaviors that have precise meaning known to everyone within a cultural group.
3. ________________ ____________ is/are the combination of two or more expressions showing different emotions.
____________________ is the process of deliberately revealing information about oneself that is significant and that would not be normally known by others.
Recent research shows that women often build friendships through shared positive feelings, whereas men often build friendships through _______________ __________________.