7 Written Questions
6 Multiple Choice Questions
- Roman political and military leader; became dictator for life in 44 B.C., greatly improved the Roman government and was murdered by Roman senators because of his great power.
- A member of a wealthy, upper-class family in the ancient Roman Republic.
- Roman emperor believed to be insane for much of his rule. He proclaimed himself a god and was a cruel, unfair ruler.
- an arena in ancient Rome where shows were held.
- An ordinary citizen in the ancient Roman Republic.
- Rome's first emperor, wise and strong leader whose rule led to peace and wealth.
6 True/False Questions
Nero → the Latin word for "forbid"
republic → a type of government in which citizens have the right to vote select their leaders. The leaders rule in the name of the people.
veto → Roman emperor known for his mistreatment of the Christians.
Etruscans → an arena in ancient Rome where shows were held.
dictator → the Latin word for "forbid"
consul → disciple of Jesus, spent his later life spreading Jesus' teachings; his writings helped turn Christianity into an organized religion.