6 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- Pancreatic duct joins common bile duct. Entry to duodenum regulated by sphincter of Oddi.
- Through the porta hepatis.
- 1. Gallbladder,
2. Fissure for the ligamentum teres (round ligament),
3. Fissure for the ligamentum venosum, and
4. Porta hepatis.
- Umbilical vein.
- A transverse fissure between the neck of the gallbladder and the junction of the fissures for lig. teres and lig. venosum.
5 True/False questions
What is a Kupffer cell? → A transverse fissure between the neck of the gallbladder and the junction of the fissures for lig. teres and lig. venosum.
What did the ligamentum venosum derive from? → Ductus venosus.
What are the two surfaces of the liver? → 1. Diaphragmatic surface: anterior facing has a peritoneum, but posterior does not (it's bare).
2. Visceral surface: flat and covered with peritoneum.
What exits via the porta hepatis? → The hepatic ducts.
What structure separates the liver from the heat in the developing embryo? → Septum transversum.