← Calculus: Ch. 1 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Theorem of perpendicular lines
- How to solve an inequality
- Additivity of inequalities
- Symmetry with respect to the origin
- Sine function and cosine function
- a Let l_1 and l_2 be nonvertical lines with slopes m_1 and m_2. Then l_1 and l_2 are perpendicular if and only if (m_1)(m_2) = -1.
- b sin θ = y/r and cos θ = x/r
- c 1) Algebraically make one side equal to zero.
2) Express the other side as a product.
3) Find the zeroes of factors of the product.
4) Draw a diagram that shows the signs of the factors of the product from -∞ to ∞.
5) Deduce the values of x for which the product satisfies the inequality.
- d If a < b and c < d, then a + c < b + d.
- e (-x, -y) is on the graph whenever (x, y) is
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- |PQ| = sqrt((x_2 - x_1)² + (y_2 - y_1)²)
- m = (y_2 - y_1) / (x_2 - x_1)
- One of these three:
(a, b) <-> all x such that a < x < b
(a, ∞) <-> all x such that a < x
(-∞, a) <-> all x such that x < a
- Replace f (x) by f (x + c)
- A function consists of a domain and a rule. The domain is a set of real numbers. The rule assigns to each number in the domain one and only one number.
5 True/False Questions
Symmetry with respect to the x axis → (x, -y) is on the graph whenever (x, y) is
Trichotomy of inequalities → If a < b and b < c, then a < c.
Relation between square root and absolute value → |x| = sqrt(x²)
Secant function → csc x = 1/ sin x for x /= nπ, n any integer
Approximate height of a falling object in meters → h (t) = -4.9t² + (v_0)(t) + h_0