← Biology exam 4 Test
Biology exam 4
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- genetic code
- nonsense mutation
- silent mutation
- a different forms of a gene
- b A mutation that changes a single nucleotide, but does not change the amino acid created.
- c the rule that describes how a sequence of nucleotides, read in groups of three consecutive nucleotides (triplets) that makes the amino acid sequence of a protein
- d A mutation that changes an amino acid codon to one of the three stop codons, resulting in a shorter and usually nonfunctional protein.
- e transfer RNA; type of RNA that carries amino acids to the ribosome
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Random errors in gene replication that lead to a change in the sequence of nucleotides; the source of all genetic diversity
- method of replication that implies that each new strand of DNA is half original and half new
- change in body cells contained in every cell except the reproductive cells. it is not inheritable
- The physical traits that appear in an individual as a result of its gentic make up.
- group of three bases on a tRNA molecule that are complementary to an mRNA codon
5 True/False Questions
law of segregation → the process by which unspecialized cells develop into their mature forms and functions and they become specialized.
genes → sequence of DNA that codes for a protein and thus determines a trait
deletion → A piece of chromosome come off, flips around , and rejions the same chromosome.`
missence mutation → when a point mutation results in substituting one amino acid for another
homozygous → having two identical alleles for a trait