5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Fee Simple Determinable
- Real Property
- a In regard to water law, doctrine stating that water belongs to the person who first makes beneficial use of it.
- b Ownership in real property that is limited to expire automatically on the happening or nonhappening of an event that is stated in the deed of conveyance or the will creating the estate.
- c Land and those things that are more or less permanently attached to the land, such as homes, office buildings and trees.
- d The transfer of title of some of all of the ownership rights to real property from one person to another. A conveyance is usually by instrument such as a deed, lease, or mortgage.
- e Action or nonaction that causes a loss of value to real property.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Item of personal property that becomes real property because of its attachment to the land of a building.
- Automobiles, televisions and clothes.
- Air conditioning units, dishwashers, shelving, counters.
- Inheritance, Devise, Gift, Sale and Adverse Possession
- Property that represents a set of rights that have no existence but that do represent control or ownership of something of value.
5 True/False questions
Possession → Occupation of land evidenced by visible acts such as enclosure, cultivation, the construction of improvements, or the occupancy of existing improvements.
Inheritance → The transfer of title of some of all of the ownership rights to real property from one person to another. A conveyance is usually by instrument such as a deed, lease, or mortgage.
Types of Modern Day Estates in Real Property → Fee Simple (Fee Simple Absolute), Fee Simple Determinable, Fee Simple on Condition Subsequent, Life Estate, Estate for Years, Estate at Will.
Tacking → Action or nonaction that causes a loss of value to real property.
Will → Legal document by which a person disposes of his property. A will takes effect on the death of the maker of the will.