5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Estate for Years
- Estate at Will
- a Estate of real property the duration of which is for n indefinite period. An estate at will can be terminated at the will of the parties.
- b Legal document by which a person disposes of his property. A will takes effect on the death of the maker of the will.
- c In regard to water law, doctrine stating that water belongs to the person who first makes beneficial use of it.
- d The addition of possession periods by different adverse possessors.
- e Estate of real property the duration of which is for a definite period.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Property that represents a set of rights that have no existence but that do represent control or ownership of something of value.
- Inheritance, Devise, Gift, Sale and Adverse Possession
- Estate of real property the duration of which is measured by the life or lives of one or more persons.
- Written document that transfers ownership of real property from one person to another.
- Item of personal property that becomes real property because of its attachment to the land of a building.
5 True/False questions
Examples of Fixtures → Air conditioning units, dishwashers, shelving, counters.
Personal Property → Land and those things that are more or less permanently attached to the land, such as homes, office buildings and trees.
Examples of Tangible Personal Property → Automobiles, televisions and clothes.
Color of Title → A form of adverse possession where the original possession of the property by a prescriber is based upon a written instrument such as a deed or a court decree.
Fee Simple Determinable → Estate of real property with infinite duration and no restrictions on use. Highest and best kind of estate an owner can have.