5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- law of conservation of energy
- longitudinal wave
- a the law that states that energy cannot be created or destroyed but can be changed from one form to another
- b The force exerted on an object that causes the object to move.
- c force of attraction between objects; depends on the mass and the distance between them; 9.8 m/s/s
- d a wave that travels parallel to the resting position; has areas of rare faction and compression
- e displacement/time; vector quantity; m/s direction
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- the SI unit of energy and/or work; 1J= 1kg(m/m/s/s)
- Forces are not equal- causes motion
- Force that acts against motion between two touching surfaces.
- distance/time; scalar quantity; m/s
- An object's tendency to remain at rest or in constant motion unless acted upon by an outside force
5 True/False Questions
Kinetic energy → the overall force that is the result of forces acting on an object; ____ N direction
temperature → a measure of the average kinetic energy of the particles in an object
trough → the SI unit of energy and/or work; 1J= 1kg(m/m/s/s)
Newton's Third Law of Motion → Every action has an equal and opposite reaction.
constant speed → total distance/ total time