5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The Big Bang
- a The force exerted on an object that causes the object to move.
- b distance/time; scalar quantity; m/s
- c the distance between two consecutive crests or troughs
- d the explosion of a very dense ball of energy that created mass, space, and time
- e a substance in which a wave travels through
5 Multiple choice questions
- a measure of the average kinetic energy of the particles in an object
- the transfer of thermal energy by the circulation or movement of a liquid or gas
- Forces are not equal- causes motion
- A medium is not required for these waves to travel (can travel through a vacuum like space).
- the total path an object takes as it moves from one location to another
5 True/False questions
longitudinal wave → a wave that travels parallel to the resting position; has areas of rare faction and compression
Net Force → the overall force that is the result of forces acting on an object; ____ N direction
refraction → the bouncing back of a ray of light, sound, or heat when the ray hits a surface that it does not go through
thermal energy → the total kinetic energy of all the particles in a substance.
heat transfer → the process where heat moves from one body or substance to another by radiation, conduction, convection