← Semester 2 Exam Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Electromagnetic wave
- Unbalanced Forces
- a A medium is not required for these waves to travel (can travel through a vacuum like space).
- b the transfer of thermal energy from one substance to another through direct contact
- c distance/time; scalar quantity; m/s
- d Forces are not equal- causes motion
- e The force exerted on an object that causes the object to move.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a wave that travels perpendicular (90 degrees) to the resting position; has crest and trough
- Force that acts against motion between two touching surfaces.
- energy that is radiated or transmitted in the form of rays or waves or particles
- highest point of the wave
- the process where heat moves from one body or substance to another by radiation, conduction, convection
5 True/False Questions
fusion → The splitting of a nucleus into smaller fragments, accompanied by the release of neutrons and a large amount of energy
Gravitational Potential energy → the energy of motion; KE = (1/2)(m)(v)(v)
Gravity → force of attraction between objects; depends on the mass and the distance between them; 9.8 m/s/s
Newton's Third Law of Motion → An object at rest will stay at rest and an object in motion will stay in motion; unless acted upon by an outside force
Hertz → a push or pull acting on an object