5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Devolution Revolution
- Shays Rebellion
- Natural Rights
- Virginia Plan
- a a political theory holding that in a democracy, the government ought to do what the majority of the people want.
- b The effort to slow the growth of the federal government by returning many functions to the states.
- c this conflict in Massachusetts caused many to criticize the Articles of Confederation and admit the weak central government was not working; uprising led by Daniel Shays in an effort to prevent courts from foreclosing on the farms of those who could not pay the taxes
- d the idea that all humans are born with rights, which include the right to life, liberty, and property
- e Virginia delegate James Madison's plan of government, in which states got a number of representatives in Congress based on their population
5 Multiple choice questions
- all state government gives power to national governemtn. Have a weak national government.
- powers given to the state government alone
- A theory of government that holds that open, multiple, and competing groups can check the asserted power by any one group.
- A system of government in which citizens elect representatives, or leaders, to make decisions about the laws for all the people.
- Powers specifically given to the federal government by the US Constitution, for example, the authority to print money.
5 True/False questions
Loose Construction → way of interpreting the Constitution that allows the federal government to take only those actions the Constitution specifically says it can take
Unitary Governments → The first ten amendments of the U.S. Constitution, containing a list of individual rights and liberties, such as freedom of speech, religion, and the press.
Strict Construction → way of interpreting the Constitution that allows the federal government to take only those actions the Constitution specifically says it can take
Block Grants → Money from the national government that states can spend within broad guidelines determined by Washington
Consent of the Governed → powers that are shared by both the federal and state governments