5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What does it mean when it is said that marijuana is a gateway drug?
- What are homologous structures? What information do they provide us with?
- Chapter 13
- Which drug is hardest to quit after one use?
- What role did Watson and Crick play in the discovery of the structure of DNA?
- a Built a 3D model of a DNA molecule
- b It mean that it is the drug that is most likely to lead to other more intense drugs.
- c ...
- d Tobacco
- e Characteristics that are similar in two or more species and that have been inherited from a common ancestor of those species.
Provides information of common ancestry between species.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The idea that breeders may select traits that are more desirable by using only certain types of breeds that have the traits they want
- Genotype- the combo of 2 alleles that determines a trait.
Phenotype- trait that results from a given combination of alleles.
Genotype determines phenotype
- Sex chromosome: chromosomes that determine the sex of a offspring
1 in human gametes
2 in human somatic cells
Autosomes: chromosomes that carry genes for all trats except the sex of the offspring.
22 in human gametes
44 in human somatic cells
- Chromosomes that are similar in shape, size and kind of chromosomes they carry.
5 True/False questions
Can scientists predict the path of evolution? → Several species of a animal evolving from a common ancestor and through the generations as they move to different environments they all evolve with their environment becoming new species
Why did Mendel use garden peas? → 1) They have very contrasting traits
2) Can both self-pollinate and cross pollinate
3) Easy to grow
Describe 7 properties of life → 1) cellular organization- all living things are made of one or more cells.
2) metabolism- the sum total of all chemical reactions.
3) homeostasis-the ability to maintain stable internal conditions with a changing external environment.
4) responsiveness- reaction to environment.
5) reproduction- making more of oneself.
6) growth- developing
7) heredity- passing of traits from parent to offspring.
What is speciation? → The link between microevolution and macroevolution, and is the formation of new species
What is the purpose of a test cross? → Is a vaginal infection caused by a fungal organism causing discharge, vaginal itching, painful urination and can usually be cured by pre scripted medicine.