5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- golgi apparatus
- rough er
- eukaryotic cell
- a proteins that have carbohydrates covalently bonded to them
- b of the DNA is in an organelle called the nucleus which is bounded by a double membrane
- c surface has ribosomes
- d proteins are modified stored and sent out
- e region that is not membrane enclosed
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a complex of proteins and DNA
- pump excess water out of the cell, thereby maintaining a suitable concentration of ions and molecules inside the cell
- the DNA is concentrated in the nucleoid
- carries out a variety of tasks in the cell such as synthesis of proteins and their transport into membranes and organelles or out of the cell.
- a prominent structure within the nondividing nucleus which appears through the electron microscope as a mass of densely stained granules of fibers adjoining part of the chromatin.
5 True/False Questions
cytoplasm → a semi fluid, jellylike substance
nuclear lamina → a netlike array of protein filaments that maintains the shape of the nucleus by mechanically supporting the nuclear envelope
central vacuole → pump excess water out of the cell, thereby maintaining a suitable concentration of ions and molecules inside the cell
electron microscope → focuses a beam of electrons through the specimen or onto its surface.
phagocytosis → eat by engulfing smaller organisms or other food particles