5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- rough er
- cell fractionation
- a a prominent structure within the nondividing nucleus which appears through the electron microscope as a mass of densely stained granules of fibers adjoining part of the chromatin.
- b surface has ribosomes
- c a semi fluid, jellylike substance
- d takes cells apart and separates the major organelles and other sub cellular structures from one another.
- e membrane-enclosed compartments
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- membrane-bounded vesicles formed by phagocytosis
- used to study the internal ultra structure of cells.
- carries out a variety of tasks in the cell such as synthesis of proteins and their transport into membranes and organelles or out of the cell.
- develops by the coalescence of smaller vacuoles themselves derived from the GA and ER.
- of the DNA is in an organelle called the nucleus which is bounded by a double membrane
5 True/False Questions
cytoplasm → the interior of a prokaryote cell
glycoproteins → proteins that have carbohydrates covalently bonded to them
ribosomes → complexes mad of ribosomal RNA and protein
chromatin → structures that carry the genetic information
phagocytosis → structures that carry the genetic information