5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- food vacuoles
- scanning electron microscope
- contractile vacuoles
- endomembrane system
- a membrane-bounded vesicles formed by phagocytosis
- b pump excess water out of the cell, thereby maintaining a suitable concentration of ions and molecules inside the cell
- c sacs made of membrane
- d an electron beam scans the surface of the sample. The beam excites electrons on the surface and these secondary electrons are detected. The result is the image
- e carries out a variety of tasks in the cell such as synthesis of proteins and their transport into membranes and organelles or out of the cell.
5 Multiple choice questions
- vesicles in transit from one part of the cell to another
- focuses a beam of electrons through the specimen or onto its surface.
- of the DNA is in an organelle called the nucleus which is bounded by a double membrane
- region that is not membrane enclosed
- develops by the coalescence of smaller vacuoles themselves derived from the GA and ER.
5 True/False questions
cytoplasm → a semi fluid, jellylike substance
plasma membrane → - the boundary of every cell. Functions as the selective barrier that allows sufficient passage of oxygen, nutrients, and wastes to service the entire cell
nuclear envelope → encloses the nucleus, separating its contents from the cytoplasm.
smooth er → surface lacks ribosomes
rough er → surface lacks ribosomes