6 Written Questions
6 Multiple Choice Questions
- Today, how do we use the term Fascism?
- How did the depression pave the way for the rise of Hitler?
- Why was the Weimar Republic so heavily criticized by the Communists and Conservatives?
- In what ways did Nazis try to "purify" German culture?
- Describe three reasons why fascism appealed to the Italian people.
- What basic features did all fascists share?
5 True/False Questions
It had many small parties → What is a chancellor?
Weimar Republic → Who did many blame for the economic and political problems?
- Treaty of Locarno, Switzerland settled some disputed borders. "Spirit of Locarno" - Disarmament helped reduce the size of their navies - League of Nations encouraged cooperation and tried to get members to make a commitment to stop sggression → List and briefly describe three treaties that were made in the pursuit of piece.
It set up a parliamentary system led by a chancellor → Why was the Republic so politically weak?
- finding jobs for returning veterans and rebuilding war-ravaged lands - huge debts - economic problems fed social unrest and made radical ideas more popular - fears of communism - dependence on socialism → How did the depression pave the way for the rise of Hitler?