5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Chemical Change
- Chemical Property
- a Properties that do change tha chemical nature of matter
ex. heat of combustion, reactivity with water, PH
- b a pure chemical substance consisting of one type of atom distinguished by its atomic number, which is the number of protons in its nucleus
- c substances are changed into different substances, All compounds are molecules but not all molecules are compounds. ex. fireworks, color changes, light
- d measures buoyancy
- e basic building block of matter
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a pure chemical substance consisting of two or more different chemical elements that can be separated into simpler substances by chemical reactions
- can be physically separated into pure compounds or elements
- the amount of space that a substance or an object takes up
- what is measured in an experiment. (this was the temperature in your lab on Adding CO2)
- measures the amount of matter in an object.
5 True/False Questions
Controlled Variable → any factor that remains unchanged and strongly influences values; also, a factor held constant to test the relative impact of an independent variable. (this was the cover on the plastic bin and water in your lab on Adding CO2)
States of Matter → solid, liquid, gas
Pure Substance → cannot be broken down into simpler pieces, an element is an example of a pure substance because it cannot be broken down into simpler substance.
Carbon Footprint → A measure of your impact on the environment. It is the amount of carbon produced by all of your activities. For instance, producing the electricity that powers your video game may be putting carbon dioxide into the atmosphere. Carbon dioxide is given off when you ride in a gasoline-powered car.
Hypothesis → What you think will happen.