← ss grade 7 final Test
ss grade 7 final
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Precedents George Washington set
- Shay's Rebellion
- Electoral college
- Washington's Foreign Policy
- Democratic Republicans
- a a group of people named by each state legislature to select the president and vice president
- b Led by Thomas Jefferson, believed people should have political power, favored strong STATE governments, emphasized agriculture, strict interpretation of the Constitution, pro-French, opposed National Bank
- c the U.S. should remain independent from disputes between other nations and in response Britain and France seized cargoes from US ships
- d formed the first cabinet, wore civilian clothes, dignified but not a king.
- e this conflict in Massachusetts caused many to criticize the Articles of Confederation and admit the weak central government was not working; uprising led by Daniel Shays in an effort to prevent courts from foreclosing on the farms of those who could not pay the taxes
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- supporters of the constitution during the debate over its ratification; favored a strong national government
- This document, signed by King John of Endland in 1215, is the cornerstone of English justice and law. It declared that the king and government were bound by the same laws as other citizens of England. It contained the antecedents of the ideas of due process and the right to a fair and speedy trial that are included in the protection offered by the U.S. Bill of Rights
- first American constitution passed in 1777, which created a loose alliance of 13 independent states. Strengths- America was independent.
Weaknesses- conflicts between states, money problems, other nations taking advantage, limited power, dispute over western lands..
- it said that Britian had to pay for any damages done to the ships that they captured and the British had to give up the Forts they held in the West. It said that Americans had to pay back all the money that they owed to Britian
- us delegates went to france to smooth out that sea thing and france was like we want a bribe then the americans could talk to the french offical TALLYRAND and the delegates were like NO
5 True/False Questions
State Government → under the Articles of Confederation, which government had more power, state or federal government?
Thomas Jefferson → Strict constructionist, 4th president, father of the Constitution, leads nation through War of 1812
Kentucky and Virginia Resolution → To raise money for Treasury congress approved tax on all liquor made and sold in the United States. This sparked rebellion and tested the strength of the new government.
Neutrality Proclamation → two parties
Preamble → an introduction to a speech or piece of writing