5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Sociocultural, (The U.S. obesity rate is one of those sociocultural forces capable of altering entire industries.)
- licensing., (In licensing, a company allows a foreign company to pay it a fee to make or distribute the first company's product or service.)
- market culture
- high individualism, (In general, the United States ranked very high on individualism, relatively low on power distance, low on uncertainty avoidance, and moderately high on masculinity.)
- a Kia Motors takes a very aggressive stance to fire executives who don't meet sales goals. This is an example of which type of culture?
- b When examining the dimensions of Hofstede's model, which of the following is true of the U.S.?
- c Eli Lilly has agreed to let a South African company manufacture several of Eli Lilly's diabetes drugs and pay Eli Lilly a fee to distribute the drugs with a different brand name in South Africa. Eli Lilly is engaging in
- d A ______ manager is responsible for just one organizational activity.
- e The American epidemic of obesity among U.S. youth is an example of which external force?
5 Multiple choice questions
- Porter's competitive strategies include
- In the situational leadership model, this leadership style is recommended for employees with the highest levels of readiness.
- Timex Watch makes inexpensive but reliable watches sold throughout the U.S. and is an example of an organization pursuing a _________ strategy.
- ______ skills consist of the job-specific knowledge needed to perform well in a specialized field.
- Candace and other managers in her firm are trying to make some decisions about global expansion. They are struggling to understand the risks, given the complexity of world markets today and recent global instabilities. The difficulty Candace's team is facing prevents perfectly rational decision making, and is an example of
5 True/False questions
star, (In the BCG matrix, stars have high growth and high market share, and are definite keepers) → Amazon's Kindle has a very high percentage of the market for eBook readers, and this is also a quickly growing market. Thus, using the BCG matrix, the Kindle would be classified as a
Franchising, (Franchising is a form of licensing in which a company allows a foreign company to pay it a fee and a share of the profit in return for using the first company's brand name and a package of materials and services.) → Pizza Hut provides the use of its name plus operating know-how to companies in Costa Rica in return for a fee plus a percentage of profits. Pizza Hut is
360 Degree Appraisal → The process of assigning meaningful authority and responsibility to managers and employees lower in the hierarchy.
Initiating Structure → Kia Motors takes a very aggressive stance to fire executives who don't meet sales goals. This is an example of which type of culture?
job specification → ______ skills consist of the job-specific knowledge needed to perform well in a specialized field.