5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Diversity, (Diversity represents all the ways people are unlike and alike—the differences and similarities in age, gender, race, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, capabilities, and socioeconomic background.)
- satisficing., (Because most people would just as soon cut short a group meeting, the tendency is to seek a decision that is "good enough" rather than to push on in pursuit of other possible solutions. Satisficing can occur because groups have limited time, lack the right kind of information, or are unable to handle large amounts of information.)
- Affirmative Action
- The Civil Rights Act of 1964
- strategic, tactical, and operational.
- a ______ represents all the ways people are unlike and alike.
- b This act established the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- c This program tries to make up for past discrimination in employment by actively finding, hiring, and developing the talents of people from groups traditionally discriminated against
- d There are three levels of planning. Their order, from first to last, is
- e The tendency of a group to settle on a decision that is "good enough" is called
5 Multiple choice questions
- In the situational leadership model, this leadership style is recommended for employees with the highest levels of readiness.
- This approach to leadership attempts to identify distinctive characteristics that account for the effectiveness of leader
- This document describes the minimum qualifications a person must have to perform a job successfully
- Careful monitoring of an organization's internal and external environment to detect early signs of opportunities and threats that may influence the firm's plans is called
- The process of assigning meaningful authority and responsibility to managers and employees lower in the hierarchy.
5 True/False questions
I want to lose 20 pounds by June 1, 2011., (A SMART goal is specific, measurable, attainable, results-oriented, and has target dates. Only choice C has all of these characteristics.) → Setting goals and deciding how to achieve them is called
W. Edwards Deming → In the situational leadership model, this leadership style is recommended for employees with the highest levels of readiness.
uncertainty avoidance, (The Hofstede model of four cultural dimensions identified four dimensions along which national cultures can be placed: (1) individualism/collectivism, (2) power distance, (3) uncertainty avoidance, and (4) masculinity/femininity.) → Managers who are future oriented, dealing with uncertain, highly competitive conditions, and who stay alert to long-run opportunities and problems are most likely to be
groupthink, (Groupthink occurs when group members strive to agree for the sake of unanimity and thus avoid accurately assessing the decision situation. Here the positive team spirit of the group actually works against sound judgment.) → Carla talked with Maddie after their task force meeting, and they discovered that neither of them had been in favor of dropping some items from next year's budget, yet neither spoke up. Both wanted to be supportive of the group instead. This is an example of
Total Quality Management (TQM) → This process instituting ongoing small, incremental improvements in all parts of an organization