5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Work Specialization
- licensing (In licensing, a company allows a foreign company to pay it a fee to make or distribute the first company's product or service)
- Deeper commitment to the decision, (Advantages of group decision making include (1) greater pool of knowledge, (2) different perspectives, (3) intellectual stimulation, (4) better understanding of decision rationale, (5) deeper commitment to the decision)
- strategic, tactical, and operational.
- utilitarian, (Ethical behavior in the utilitarian approach is guided by what will result in the greatest good for the greatest number of people. Managers often take the utilitarian approach, using financial performance—such as efficiency and profit—as the best definition of what constitutes "the greatest good for the greatest number)
- a There are three levels of planning. Their order, from first to last, is
- b The arrangement of having discrete parts of a task done by different people is called
- c In considering a large-scale layoff, a manager performs a cost-benefit analysis and determines that profits will be greatest if she proceeds. She is using the ______ approach to guide her decision regarding an ethical dilemma.
- d A company allows a foreign firm to pay it a fee to make or distribute the first company's product or service. This is called
- e Which of the following is an advantage of group decision making?
5 Multiple choice questions
- Setting goals and deciding how to achieve them is called
- According to Herzberg, these factors do not motivate if present, but, if absent, result in dissatisfaction
- This President wrote, "If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader."
- A nation's __________ is the shared set of beliefs, values, knowledge, and patterns of behavior common to its people.
- Which of the following would BEST describe MBO?
5 True/False questions
I want to lose 20 pounds by June 1, 2011., (A SMART goal is specific, measurable, attainable, results-oriented, and has target dates. Only choice C has all of these characteristics.) → Techno Tools is selling off land, buildings and some of its product inventory. This is a variation of which of these grand strategies?
cost leadership, differentiation, cost focus, and focused differentiation, (Porter's four competitive strategies (also called four generic strategies) are (1) cost leadership, (2) differentiation, (3) cost-focus, and (4) focused-differentiation) → Porter's competitive strategies include
preconventional, (Kohlberg has proposed three levels of personal moral development—preconventional, conventional, and postconventional. At level 1, the preconventional level, managers would be autocratic or coercive, and expect employees to be obedient for obedience's sake.) → Planning is defined as
low-context culture, (A person from North America, Great Britain, Scandinavia, Germany, or Switzerland, for example, comes from a low-context culture in which shared meanings are primarily derived from written and spoken words.) → In a(n) ______, shared meanings are primarily derived from written and spoken words rather than situational cues.
Most codes of ethics offer guidance on how to treat stakeholders (A code of ethics consists of a formal written set of ethical standards guiding an organization's actions. Most codes offer guidance on how to treat customers, suppliers, competitors, and other stakeholders. The purpose is to clearly state top management's expectations for all employees. Most codes prohibit bribes.) → Which of the following statements about a code of ethics is most true?