5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- organic molecule
- a carbon-based molecule
- b property of a molecule with oppositely charged ends. because of it, water is able to dissolve many different substances
- c a lipid made of phosphate group (hydrophilic head) and two fatty acids (hydrophobic tails). forms cell membrane.
- d atoms of the same element that have different numbers of neutrons in the nucleus
- e An electrically charged atom that has gained or lost electrons
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- describes a cell that does not have a nucleus or anyother membrane-covered organelles; also called bacteria.
- positively charged particle of an atom
- idea that all living things are composed of cells, cells are the basic units of structure and function in living things, and new cells are produced from existing cells
- polysaccharide in animal cells that consists of many glucose monomers. for energy
- steroid molecule present in the plasma membranes of animal cells
5 True/False Questions
element → A substance that cannot be broken down into simpler substances
dehydration synthesis → A chemical reaction in which two molecules covalently bond to each other with the removal of a water molecule.
eukaryotic → A cell characterized by the presence of a nucleus and other membrane-bound organelles. either unicellular (protists) or multicellular (fungi, plants and animals).
starch → A storage polysaccharide in plants consisting entirely of glucose. for energy
carbohydrate → property of a molecule with oppositely charged ends. because of it, water is able to dissolve many different substances