5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- dehydration synthesis
- a an unstable isotope of an element, which undergoes radioactive decay
- b macromolecules used for energy storage, cell membranes, and waterproofing
- c positively charged particle of an atom
- d A chemical reaction in which two molecules covalently bond to each other with the removal of a water molecule.
- e single sugar molecule
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- determines a molecule's function. is hydrphilic. includes the hodroxl, carboxyl, carbonyl, amino, phosphate groups.
- two or more atoms held together by covalent bonds
- describes a cell that does not have a nucleus or anyother membrane-covered organelles; also called bacteria.
- A cell characterized by the presence of a nucleus and other membrane-bound organelles. either unicellular (protists) or multicellular (fungi, plants and animals).
- negatively charged particle of an atom
5 True/False Questions
hydrogen bond → bond formed by the TRANSFERING of electrons from one atom to another
polymers → building blocks of polymers
covalent bond → bond formed by the SHARING of electrons between atoms
acid → has a low pH, donates H(+) ions
organic molecule → carbon-based molecule