5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- functional groups
- hydrogen bond
- a determines a molecule's function. is hydrphilic. includes the hodroxl, carboxyl, carbonyl, amino, phosphate groups.
- b an unstable isotope of an element, which undergoes radioactive decay
- c sugar molecules (monosaccharides AND polysaccharides)
- d weak bond formed by the attraction of positively charged hydrogen atoms to negatively charged atoms
- e A polymer (chain) of many amino acids linked together by peptide bonds.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- macromolecules used for energy storage, cell membranes, and waterproofing
- "water loving"
- A molecule that has electrically charged areas.
- A double sugar, consisting of two monosaccharides joined by dehydration synthesis.
- steroid molecule present in the plasma membranes of animal cells
5 True/False Questions
fatty acid → basic building blocks of protein molecules
enzymes → protein substances that speed up chemical reactions.
glycogen → negatively charged particle of an atom
proton → polymer made up of amino acid monomers
molecule → large molecules