5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a macromolecules used for energy storage, cell membranes, and waterproofing
- b neutral particle of an atom
- c A substance that cannot be broken down into simpler substances
- d has a low pH, donates H(+) ions
- e A double sugar, consisting of two monosaccharides joined by dehydration synthesis.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- describes a cell that does not have a nucleus or anyother membrane-covered organelles; also called bacteria.
- A research method whereby a problem is identified, a hypothesis stated, and hypothesis is tested
- building blocks of polymers
- carbon-based molecule
- positively charged particle of an atom
5 True/False Questions
atom → smallest particle of an element
peptide bond → covalent bond formed between amino acids
amino acid → Type of lipid, A long, straight hydrocarbon chain with a carboxyl group attached at one end
base → has a high pH, accepts H(+) ions
dehydration synthesis → A chemical reaction in which two molecules covalently bond to each other with the removal of a water molecule.