5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a polymer made up of amino acid monomers
- b an unstable isotope of an element, which undergoes radioactive decay
- c property of a molecule with oppositely charged ends. because of it, water is able to dissolve many different substances
- d describes a cell that does not have a nucleus or anyother membrane-covered organelles; also called bacteria.
- e atoms of the same element that have different numbers of neutrons in the nucleus
5 Multiple choice questions
- A research method whereby a problem is identified, a hypothesis stated, and hypothesis is tested
- steroid molecule present in the plasma membranes of animal cells
- positively charged particle of an atom
- a lipid made of phosphate group (hydrophilic head) and two fatty acids (hydrophobic tails). forms cell membrane.
- polysaccharide in animal cells that consists of many glucose monomers. for energy
5 True/False questions
organic molecule → carbon-based molecule
polymers → long chains of monomers
base → has a high pH, accepts H(+) ions
hydrophilic → "water hating"
cell theory → idea that all living things are composed of cells, cells are the basic units of structure and function in living things, and new cells are produced from existing cells