5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- hydrogen bond
- a "water loving"
- b weak bond formed by the attraction of positively charged hydrogen atoms to negatively charged atoms
- c steroid molecule present in the plasma membranes of animal cells
- d single sugar molecule
- e neutral particle of an atom
5 Multiple choice questions
- describes a cell that does not have a nucleus or anyother membrane-covered organelles; also called bacteria.
- an unstable isotope of an element, which undergoes radioactive decay
- determines a molecule's function. is hydrphilic. includes the hodroxl, carboxyl, carbonyl, amino, phosphate groups.
- building blocks of polymers
- breaks down molecules by adding water to them
5 True/False questions
isotope → positively charged particle of an atom
scientific method → A research method whereby a problem is identified, a hypothesis stated, and hypothesis is tested
amino acid → basic building blocks of protein molecules
element → protein substances that speed up chemical reactions.
polymers → long chains of monomers