5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- functional groups
- a breaks down molecules by adding water to them
- b A polymer (chain) of many amino acids linked together by peptide bonds.
- c long chains of monomers
- d polymer made up of amino acid monomers
- e determines a molecule's function. is hydrphilic. includes the hodroxl, carboxyl, carbonyl, amino, phosphate groups.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- has a high pH, accepts H(+) ions
- idea that all living things are composed of cells, cells are the basic units of structure and function in living things, and new cells are produced from existing cells
- polysaccharide consisting of glucose monomers that reinforces plant-cell walls. Tougher than other polysaccharides. for structure
- property of a molecule with oppositely charged ends. because of it, water is able to dissolve many different substances
- building blocks of polymers
5 True/False Questions
disaccharide → A double sugar, consisting of two monosaccharides joined by dehydration synthesis.
cholesterol → negatively charged particle of an atom
electron → neutral particle of an atom
neutron → neutral particle of an atom
organic molecule → A molecule that has electrically charged areas.