5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- ionic bond
- a polymer made up of amino acid monomers
- b neutral particle of an atom
- c A cell characterized by the presence of a nucleus and other membrane-bound organelles. either unicellular (protists) or multicellular (fungi, plants and animals).
- d a lipid made of phosphate group (hydrophilic head) and two fatty acids (hydrophobic tails). forms cell membrane.
- e bond formed by the TRANSFERING of electrons from one atom to another
5 Multiple choice questions
- carbon-based molecule
- describes a cell that does not have a nucleus or anyother membrane-covered organelles; also called bacteria.
- building blocks of polymers
- long chains of monomers
- "water hating"
5 True/False questions
starch → smallest particle of an element
dehydration synthesis → A chemical reaction in which two molecules covalently bond to each other with the removal of a water molecule.
base → has a high pH, accepts H(+) ions
electron → neutral particle of an atom
scientific method → A research method whereby a problem is identified, a hypothesis stated, and hypothesis is tested