← Earth Science Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- foliated metamorphic rock
- magma pushes upwards
- a formed from magma that cools quickley and crystals do not have time to grow (small crystal)
- b melted rock is less dense than solid rock,
- c the movement of sediment
- d the process of breaking rocks into small stones
- e has layers and bands
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a natural solid substance
- it breaks the chemical bonds of minerals.
- a group of sedimentary rock made from water
- form with large crystals because magma cools slowly.
- the process of building layers of rock
5 True/False Questions
ocean plate and continental shelf collide → plate is lifted downward.
lava → melted rock within the earth
contact metamorphism → the process at which any kind of rock is turned into a metamorphic rock
magma → melted rock within the earth
clastic rock → a group of sedimentary rock made from water