5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Clonal expansion
- Pro-B cell
- a B cells in early development when they first express b cell marker proteins and it rearranges its heavy chain genes. D to J followed by V to DJ in late pro b phase.
- b Are co-stimulatory molecules induced by the breakdown of bacteria by macrophages or other APC's. Are expressed on APC's surface it interacts with the CD28 receptor on t-cells for t cell recognition
- c Transporter Associated with antigen Processing. Degraded peptide fragments are transported into the ER through the dimerized TAP1 and TAP2.
- d Proliferation of antigen triggered effector T-cells creating memory T-cells
Clonal expansion of activated B-cells leading to differentiation of progeny into antibody secreting plasma cells.
- e Stimulated b-cells that are proliferating in the germinal centers.
5 Multiple choice questions
- NK cells are a subset of leucocytes capable of recognizing cell surface changes on virally-infected cells. NK cells bind to such infected cells and kill them. Also sometimes effective against transformed (tumor) cells.
- Found in the cytosol used to degrade cytosolic proteins. LMP gene encodes them is found in the MHC2 coding region. Two types, Proteasome 26s and 20s. They Contain a19s cap that prevents the entry of non-tagged proteins. Both 20s or 26s proteasomes can operate independently of the 19s cap
- Opsonisation is the coating of the pathogen with Ig molecules for their preparation and identification for phagocytosis. There is no cross linking of Ig's
- A complement of proteins C1q, C1s and C1r. C1r and s are serine proteases. C1s can cleave the next proteins in the complement cascade C2 and C4.
- Antigen presenting cell. Endocytose and degrade pathogen present via MHC 1/2 to activate b-cells and t-cells. After interaction with pathogen APC migrate to lymph nodes. Only cell to contain costimulators.
5 True/False questions
Isotype switch → The classes of an immunoglobulins.
Ti antigen → Thymus independent antigens. TI can elicit antibody production in the absence of t cells. TI-1 activates non-specific b cells. TI-2 have multiple identical epitopes that cross link b cell receptors.
Anergy → Antigens that cause hypersensitive or allergic reactions, usually involving IgE antibody responses
List the components of thymic cortex → Immature CD3,4,8 double positive thymocytes, Cortical epithelial cells, Negative selection for self reactive cells are eliminated.
M cells → NK cells are a subset of leucocytes capable of recognizing cell surface changes on virally-infected cells. NK cells bind to such infected cells and kill them. Also sometimes effective against transformed (tumor) cells.