5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- The components of C3 convertase
- Main function of armed TH2 cells
- a Are proteolytic enzymes that are formed during complement activation to cleave C3 → In classical C4B and C2a. Alternative C3b and Bb, there by enabling covalently binding to antigens for targeting.
- b Drive b-cells to differentiate and produce immunoglobulins of all other types. Also responsible for initiating B-cell responses by activating naïve B-cells to proliferate and secrete IgM. Leads to Humoral immunity.
- c Co-stimulator expressed on macrophages. Binds to CD40 ligand on TH1 cells to activate macrophage to destroy intracellular contents.
- d The set of alleles carried on carried on a single chromosome. A person's haplotype is responsible for encoding MHC proteins.
- e The recognition of non self MHC molecules by T-cells.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Lymphoid progenitor cells are the source of all Lymphocytes, they differentiate into T-cell, B-cells NK cells
Myeloid progenitor cells are the source of all other WBC, they become neutrophil, basophil, eosinophil, dendritic, macrophage, mast cells.
- 4 domain co-receptor expressed on the cytokine secreting TH1 cells, contains the binding site for MHC2 on activated antigen presenting B-cells and macrophages.
- The first stage in type 1 allergic response. Allergen in exposed to person. Processed and presented to t-cells. Il's produced which act on b-cells to produce IgE activating mast cells.
- In Type II hypersensitivity, binding of a specific antibody directly to an antigen on the surface of a cell damages that cell either by cytolysis via the complement pathway or by destruction of cells by phagocytosis mediated by receptors for Fc or C3b.
- Are serine esterases present in the granules of a cytotoxic t cells and NK cells. On entering the cytosole of the target cell granzymes induce apoptosis of the target.
5 True/False Questions
Epitope → The classes of an immunoglobulins.
Components of C1 and their function are → Classical - C5 combines with C2a, C3b and C4b complex then activated (splits) into C5a and C5b
Alternative - binds with the Bb and 2 C3b complex then is activated into C5a and C5b
Function of APC cells → Are APC's. Involved in mediation of negative selection of T-cells, presenting processed epitopes via MHC ½, activation of naïve T-cells
CDR → Cell surface glycoprotein on T-cells that recognizes MHC1 on APC's
Isotype → The classes of an immunoglobulins.