5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- merkel cells
- epithelial root sheath
- skin cancer
- a waterproofing, block difussion of polar substances
- b the least numerous of epidermal cells. located in deepest layer of epidermis, where they contact the merkel disk they detect touch sensations
- c most is induced by exposure to uv radiation from sun.
- d stimuli: fear, strong emotion, cold environment.
- e is the internal and external root sheaths.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- keratinocytes, melanocytes, langerhans cells, and merkel cells.
- are sensitive to pressure located in hypodermis and dermis.
- or full thickness burn destroys the epidermis and subcutaneous layer.
- melanocytes of stratum basale. mole, freckles. rapidly metastasize. high cell division. spread to other tissues. high mortality rate.
- immune protection
5 True/False Questions
langerhans cells → arise from red bone marrow and migrate to the epidermis. they participate in immune responses mounted against microbes by helping other cells to recognize and invade the microbe and destroy it. sensible to uv light.
types of cancer → destroys some of the skin;s important contributions to homeostasis. protection against microbial invasion and desication and thermoregulation.
concentric layers of shaft and root → medulla, cortex and cuticle of the hair
dermis → deeper and ticker connective tissue is portion of it
carotene → s the portion of the hair deep to the shaft that penetrates into the dermis, and sometimes into the subcutaneous layer.