5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- The deluding of Gylfi
- a Gylfi interrogates the 3 Gods (High, Just as high, Third)
- b Goddess of Love, fertility and war. Gilgamesh refuses her because every human she sleeps with doesn't end well. She is enraged and sends Bull of Heaven
- c 8 Legged Stallion who was birthed from Loki. Fastest horse in the world.
- d -As baby, Hera sends snakes to attack and kill him. He kills them.
-Herakles joined quest for Golden Fleece
-Trials: Defeats Lapiths, Coronus, Laogoras, Cycnus, Amyntor.
-Viewed as culture figure
-Killed when puts on cloak covered in hydras blood. Sticks to him and he rips his flesh off when taking it off.
- e -Siddhartha Guatama
-Divine Birth: entered womb in elephant form
-Blessed by indra, king of gods in Hindu
-Pursuit of pleasures
- fall from rooftop (unscathed)
- Groomed to be a prince
-Takes trip into city and sees 3 signs: old man, sick man, dead man.
-Goes to forest under tree, stays there until he is enlightened
-Assaulted physically and mentally in order to obtain this. (temptations, demons, beast)
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- King of Mycenae. Strongest and most powerful of Kings. Top Generals.
- Wife of Priam
- 17 Stages of a hero. "The hero with a Thousand Face"
The heros Journey:
1) Departure (Separation)
2) Initiation (Liminal)
3) Return (re-assimilation)
+Basic pattern that its proponents argue is found in many narratives from around the world
- Daughter of underworld
- King of underworld. Journey to underworld, journey beyond death,
5 True/False Questions
Unferth → Dane who taunts Beowolf, gives him sword.
Otto Rank → Refusal of the return
The Magic Flight
Rescue from without
Crossing the return threshold
Master of the two worlds- have knowledge of other place
Freedom to live
Raven → Excellence, the whole goal in life
Odysseus → King of Ithaca. Created the Trojan horse.
Eition → Gives reasons for things