5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Cell wall
- a A membrane system found within chloroplasts that contains the components for photosynthesis.
- b A fiber found inside eukaryotic cells that is composed mainly of the protein actin and that has a role in cell structure and movement.
- c The part of the eukaryotic nucleus where ribosomal RNA is synthesized.
- d A rigid structure that supports the cell membrane and provides support to the cell.
- e In physical science, an atom's central region, which is made up of protons and neutrons.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A collection of specialized cells and cell products that perform a specific function.
- One of the small, tubular fibers composed of the protein tubulin that are found in the cytoplasm of the eukaryotic cells, that compose the cytoskeleton, and that play a role in cell structure and movement.
- A collection of tissues that carry out a specialized function of the body.
- In eukaryotic cells, the cell organelle that is surrounded by two membranes and that is the site of the cellular respiration, which produces ATP.
- A hairlike structure arranged in tightly packed rows that projects from the surface of some cells.
5 True/False questions
Organelle → A collection of tissues that carry out a specialized function of the body.
Eukaryote → A single-celled orangism that has no nucleus and has no membrane-bound organelles; examples include bacteria and archaea.
Plasma membrane → An organelle of plant cells that contains specific substances and performs specific functions for the cell; examples include chloroplasts and chromoplasts.
Golgi apparatus → An organelle found in plant and algae cells where photosynthesis occurs.
Nuclear envelope → The part of the eukaryotic nucleus where ribosomal RNA is synthesized.