5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Organ system
- Cell wall
- Golgi apparatus
- a A rigid structure that supports the cell membrane and provides support to the cell.
- b The cytoplasmic network of protein filaments and tubes that plays an essential role in cell movement, shape, and division.
- c A collection of specialized cells and cell products that perform a specific function.
- d Modifies many cellular products and prepares them for export.
- e Group of organs that accomplish related tasks.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The double membrane that surrounds the nucleus of a eukaryotic cell.
- The theory that states all living things are made up of one or more cells, that cells are the basic units of organisms, that each cell in a multicellular organism has a specific job, and that cells come only from existing cells.
- A type of hydrocarbon in which some or all of the hydrogen atoms are replaced by chlorine and fluorine; used in coolants for refrigerators and air conditioners and in cleaning solvents.
- One of the small, tubular fibers composed of the protein tubulin that are found in the cytoplasm of the eukaryotic cells, that compose the cytoskeleton, and that play a role in cell structure and movement.
- In eukaryotic cells, the cell organelle that is surrounded by two membranes and that is the site of the cellular respiration, which produces ATP.
5 True/False questions
Nucleolus → In physical science, an atom's central region, which is made up of protons and neutrons.
Organelle → A collection of tissues that carry out a specialized function of the body.
Plasma membrane → A cell organelle that contains digestive enzymes and that buds from the Golgi apparatus.
Flagellum → A long, hairlike structure that grows out of a cell and enables the cell to move.
Ribosome → A cell organelle that contains digestive enzymes and that buds from the Golgi apparatus.