5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Nuclear envelope
- a An organelle found in plant and algae cells where photosynthesis occurs.
- b A collection of tissues that carry out a specialized function of the body.
- c A type of hydrocarbon in which some or all of the hydrogen atoms are replaced by chlorine and fluorine; used in coolants for refrigerators and air conditioners and in cleaning solvents.
- d The double membrane that surrounds the nucleus of a eukaryotic cell.
- e A collection of specialized cells and cell products that perform a specific function.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The soluble portion of the cytoplasm, which includes molecules and small particles, such as ribosomes, but not the organelles covered with membranes.
- In eukaryotic cells, the cell organelle that is surrounded by two membranes and that is the site of the cellular respiration, which produces ATP.
- An organelle that is composed of two short microtubules at right angles to each other and that has an active role in mitosis.
- An organelle of plant cells that contains specific substances and performs specific functions for the cell; examples include chloroplasts and chromoplasts.
- The theory that states all living things are made up of one or more cells, that cells are the basic units of organisms, that each cell in a multicellular organism has a specific job, and that cells come only from existing cells.
5 True/False Questions
Nucleolus → In physical science, an atom's central region, which is made up of protons and neutrons.
Cytoskeleton → The soluble portion of the cytoplasm, which includes molecules and small particles, such as ribosomes, but not the organelles covered with membranes.
Microfilament → A fiber found inside eukaryotic cells that is composed mainly of the protein actin and that has a role in cell structure and movement.
Cilium → A collection of specialized cells and cell products that perform a specific function.
Central vacuole → In some protests an din most plan cells, a large, fluid-filled organelle that stores water, enzymes, metabolic wastes, and other materials.