5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Golgi apparatus
- a Modifies many cellular products and prepares them for export.
- b A type of hydrocarbon in which some or all of the hydrogen atoms are replaced by chlorine and fluorine; used in coolants for refrigerators and air conditioners and in cleaning solvents.
- c A collection of tissues that carry out a specialized function of the body.
- d An organism made up of cells that have a nucleus enclosed by a membrane, multiple chromosomes, and a mitotic cycle; eukaryotes include animals, plants, and fungi but not bacteria or archaea.
- e An organelle found in plant and algae cells where photosynthesis occurs.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A cell organelle composed of RNA and protein; the site of protein synthesis.
- The theory that states all living things are made up of one or more cells, that cells are the basic units of organisms, that each cell in a multicellular organism has a specific job, and that cells come only from existing cells.
- A membrane system found within chloroplasts that contains the components for photosynthesis.
- In eukaryotic cells, the cell organelle that is surrounded by two membranes and that is the site of the cellular respiration, which produces ATP.
- In physical science, an atom's central region, which is made up of protons and neutrons.
5 True/False questions
Cytoplasm → An organelle found in plant and algae cells where photosynthesis occurs.
Cilium → A hairlike structure arranged in tightly packed rows that projects from the surface of some cells.
Nucleolus → The part of the eukaryotic nucleus where ribosomal RNA is synthesized.
Nuclear envelope → The part of the eukaryotic nucleus where ribosomal RNA is synthesized.
Endoplasmic reticulum → Also known as a cell membrane, the cell's outer boundary.