5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a A cell organelle composed of RNA and protein; the site of protein synthesis.
- b One of the small bodies that are found in cytoplasm of a cell and that are specialized to perform a specific function.
- c The cytoplasmic network of protein filaments and tubes that plays an essential role in cell movement, shape, and division.
- d One of the small, tubular fibers composed of the protein tubulin that are found in the cytoplasm of the eukaryotic cells, that compose the cytoskeleton, and that play a role in cell structure and movement.
- e A fiber found inside eukaryotic cells that is composed mainly of the protein actin and that has a role in cell structure and movement.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- In a eukaryotic cell, one of the structures in the nucleus that are made up of DNA and protein, in a prokaryotic cell, the main ring of DNA.
- In eukaryotic cells, the cell organelle that is surrounded by two membranes and that is the site of the cellular respiration, which produces ATP.
- In physical science, an atom's central region, which is made up of protons and neutrons.
- The double membrane that surrounds the nucleus of a eukaryotic cell.
- A collection of specialized cells and cell products that perform a specific function.
5 True/False Questions
Plastid → An organelle of plant cells that contains specific substances and performs specific functions for the cell; examples include chloroplasts and chromoplasts.
Cilium → A hairlike structure arranged in tightly packed rows that projects from the surface of some cells.
Cytoplasm → The region of the cell within the membrane that includes the fluid, the cytoskeleton, and all of the organelles except the nucleus.
Lysosome → A cell organelle that contains digestive enzymes and that buds from the Golgi apparatus.
Central vacuole → An organelle that is composed of two short microtubules at right angles to each other and that has an active role in mitosis.