5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Organ system
- a Group of organs that accomplish related tasks.
- b An organelle found in plant and algae cells where photosynthesis occurs.
- c The cytoplasmic network of protein filaments and tubes that plays an essential role in cell movement, shape, and division.
- d A cell organelle composed of RNA and protein; the site of protein synthesis.
- e One of the small, tubular fibers composed of the protein tubulin that are found in the cytoplasm of the eukaryotic cells, that compose the cytoskeleton, and that play a role in cell structure and movement.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A collection of tissues that carry out a specialized function of the body.
- A hairlike structure arranged in tightly packed rows that projects from the surface of some cells.
- An organelle that is composed of two short microtubules at right angles to each other and that has an active role in mitosis.
- Modifies many cellular products and prepares them for export.
- A rigid structure that supports the cell membrane and provides support to the cell.
5 True/False Questions
Plasma membrane → An organelle of plant cells that contains specific substances and performs specific functions for the cell; examples include chloroplasts and chromoplasts.
Mitochondrion → In eukaryotic cells, the cell organelle that is surrounded by two membranes and that is the site of the cellular respiration, which produces ATP.
Organelle → One of the small bodies that are found in cytoplasm of a cell and that are specialized to perform a specific function.
Nucleus → In physical science, an atom's central region, which is made up of protons and neutrons.
Prokaryote → An organism made up of cells that have a nucleus enclosed by a membrane, multiple chromosomes, and a mitotic cycle; eukaryotes include animals, plants, and fungi but not bacteria or archaea.