5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Cell wall
- a A membrane system found within chloroplasts that contains the components for photosynthesis.
- b In biology, the smallest unit that can perform all life processes; cells are covered by a membrane and contain DNA and cytoplasm.
- c The soluble portion of the cytoplasm, which includes molecules and small particles, such as ribosomes, but not the organelles covered with membranes.
- d A rigid structure that supports the cell membrane and provides support to the cell.
- e A collection of specialized cells and cell products that perform a specific function.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- An organism made up of cells that have a nucleus enclosed by a membrane, multiple chromosomes, and a mitotic cycle; eukaryotes include animals, plants, and fungi but not bacteria or archaea.
- An organelle that is composed of two short microtubules at right angles to each other and that has an active role in mitosis.
- A system of membranes that is found in a cell's cytoplasm and that assists in the production, processing, and transport of proteins in the production of lipids.
- Group of organs that accomplish related tasks.
- In physical science, an atom's central region, which is made up of protons and neutrons.
5 True/False Questions
Chloroplast → A type of hydrocarbon in which some or all of the hydrogen atoms are replaced by chlorine and fluorine; used in coolants for refrigerators and air conditioners and in cleaning solvents.
Organelle → One of the small bodies that are found in cytoplasm of a cell and that are specialized to perform a specific function.
Microfilament → A fiber found inside eukaryotic cells that is composed mainly of the protein actin and that has a role in cell structure and movement.
Microtubule → One of the small, tubular fibers composed of the protein tubulin that are found in the cytoplasm of the eukaryotic cells, that compose the cytoskeleton, and that play a role in cell structure and movement.
Lysosome → A cell organelle composed of RNA and protein; the site of protein synthesis.