5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Cell wall
- Central vacuole
- a An organism made up of cells that have a nucleus enclosed by a membrane, multiple chromosomes, and a mitotic cycle; eukaryotes include animals, plants, and fungi but not bacteria or archaea.
- b In some protests an din most plan cells, a large, fluid-filled organelle that stores water, enzymes, metabolic wastes, and other materials.
- c A rigid structure that supports the cell membrane and provides support to the cell.
- d An organelle found in plant and algae cells where photosynthesis occurs.
- e A collection of specialized cells and cell products that perform a specific function.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The theory that states all living things are made up of one or more cells, that cells are the basic units of organisms, that each cell in a multicellular organism has a specific job, and that cells come only from existing cells.
- One of the small, tubular fibers composed of the protein tubulin that are found in the cytoplasm of the eukaryotic cells, that compose the cytoskeleton, and that play a role in cell structure and movement.
- An organelle of plant cells that contains specific substances and performs specific functions for the cell; examples include chloroplasts and chromoplasts.
- A long, hairlike structure that grows out of a cell and enables the cell to move.
- A fiber found inside eukaryotic cells that is composed mainly of the protein actin and that has a role in cell structure and movement.
5 True/False questions
Cell → In biology, the smallest unit that can perform all life processes; cells are covered by a membrane and contain DNA and cytoplasm.
Ribosome → A cell organelle composed of RNA and protein; the site of protein synthesis.
Thylakoid → A membrane system found within chloroplasts that contains the components for photosynthesis.
Centriole → An organelle that is composed of two short microtubules at right angles to each other and that has an active role in mitosis.
Organ system → One of the small bodies that are found in cytoplasm of a cell and that are specialized to perform a specific function.