5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a carelessness, laziness
- b judgment made without experience
- c characterized by a mixture of opposite feelings or attitudes
- d adjusting behavior to meet a group's standard
- e pretending to be holy or pious. "Ministers that are slave owners are _________; they do not practice love of their neighbors."
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- the spirit of the time; the spirit characteristic of an age or generation
- A poet who was a major figure in the Harlem Renaissance movement and wrote the poem "If We Must Die" after the Chicago riot of 1919.
- (September 12, 1913 - March 31, 1980) was an American track and field athlete. He participated in the 1936 Summer Olympics in Berlin, Germany, where he achieved international fame by winning four gold medals: one each in the 100 metres, the 200 meters, the long jump, and as part of the 4x100 meter relay team.
- concise and full of meaning adjective; "The man welcomed her _____ comments about politics."
- incapable of being solved or untangled
5 True/False Questions
reprobate → to destroy the sacred nature of something
fractious → Tending to be troublesome; unruly, quarrelsome,; "Sometimes Eliza can be _________ when there are alot of people around".
palsy → a condition marked by uncontrollable tremor;, Paralysis.
malignant → of or expected from a son or daughter
Marcus Mosiah Garvey, Jr → v. to lessen pain or distress ; to lessen the intensity of.