5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Specie Resumption Act
- Racial Ettiquette Laws
- robber barens
- Guilded Age
- a blacks could not shake hands with whites. blacks had to take off their hats for whites, and had to yield the sidewalk to whites
- b a white southerner republican
- c Congress passed this in 1875. promised to put the country back on the gold standard
- d money thirsty people
- e everybody wanted to make money and the most hungry became robber barens.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- made black people citizens
- 1)South under military rule, dividing it into 5 districts, each governed by a northern general
2) Ordered Southern states to hold new elections for delegates to create new state constitutions
3) required states to allow all qualified male voters , including blacks, to vote.
4)barred those who had supported the confedercy from voting
5)southern states had to guarentee equal rights to everybody
6)states had to ratify the 14th admendment
- 6 year depression. economy expanded after war. north and south barrowed sums of money to build. banks closed and stock markets crashed, 3 million out of work.
- blacks can vote
- Angry Republicans in Missouri to end the corruption in 1872
5 True/False Questions
Compromise of 1877 → 1) withdraw federal troops from LA & SC.
2) Democrats wanted federal to build railroad from texas to west coast. Improve southern rivers bridges and harbors
3) Hayes had to appoint conservative southerners to the cabinent
Johnsons reconstruction plan → Congress passed this in 1875. promised to put the country back on the gold standard
Pocket veto → ignoring a bill for 10 days and if congress is not in session it doesn't get passed, but if congress is in session it gets passed.
Freedmans Beareau → lacked strong support in congress. gave clothing, medical supplies, and millions of meals to black and white war refugees.
Impeach → a white southerner republican