← EHS 2-1 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- pH of bases
- a Smallest particle of a covalently bonded compound that has all the properties fo that compound.
- b The dissolving medium in a solution; usually water in organisms
- c Greater than 7.
- d A chemical that neutralizes small amounts of acid or base to maintain proper pH levels necessary for homeostasis.
- e Elementary particle found in energy levels that carries a -1 charge
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- An atom that carries an overall electrical charge
- Pure substance that cannot be broken down by ordinary chemical means
- C, H, O, N, Ca, P
- Energy available to do work
- Type of bond formed when pairs of electrons are shared unequally between atoms, forming an unbalanced distribution of charge.
5 True/False Questions
Anion → An atom that carries an overall electrical charge
Dissociation → the separation of ions that occurs when an ionic compound dissolves
Activation Energy → Energy available to do work
pH of acids → Less than 7.
Solution → Mixture in which particles are evenly distributed and dissolve