5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Responding Variable
- Qualitative Observations
- Dependent Variable
- a true statement
- b changes as a result of the changes in the Independent Variable.
- c to repeat a research study, usually with different participants and in different situations, to confirm the results of the original study
- d alternative term for the dependant variable
- e observations made by the 5 senses. (seeing, feeling, touching, smelling, tasting.)
5 Multiple choice questions
- The number of subjects used in an experiment or study. Generally, the larger the better.
- scientific statement that is well tested, supported, and verifiable.
- observations made by using measuring instruments. (number-based observations)
- used to display data that is not continuous or without units
- this variable data is plotted on the vertical (y) axis of a graph
5 True/False questions
Observation → to repeat a research study, usually with different participants and in different situations, to confirm the results of the original study
Hypothesis → the quality of lacking any predictable order or plan,best defense against bias
Scientific literacy → understanding basic scientific terms and principles
Graph → visual display of information or data
Manipulated variable → alternative term for the dependant variable