5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Manipulated variable
- a A simple statement predicting the result of a controlled scientific experiment.
- b a standard to compare with the results in an experiment.
- c alternative term for independent variable
- d visual display of information or data
- e evidence gathered through observations (especially during experiments)
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- is used to represent things we cannot directly study.
- a possible explanation for what you observe (that you might assume is true)
- scientific statement that is well tested, supported, and verifiable.
- observations made by the 5 senses. (seeing, feeling, touching, smelling, tasting.)
- an attitude of doubt
5 True/False Questions
sample size → the methodological studying of the natural world through experimentation and verification of facts.
Independent Variable → part of an experiment that the experimenter changes.
Independent → this variable data is plotted on the horizontal (x) axis of a graph
Scientific method → scientific statement that is well tested, supported, and verifiable.
Scientific literacy → understanding basic scientific terms and principles