5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Scientific Law
- sample size
- Manipulated variable
- bar graph
- a The number of subjects used in an experiment or study. Generally, the larger the better.
- b scientific statement that is well tested, supported, and verifiable.
- c alternative term for independent variable
- d is used to represent things we cannot directly study.
- e used to display data that is not continuous or without units
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- evidence gathered through observations (especially during experiments)
- observations made by using measuring instruments. (number-based observations)
- this variable data is plotted on the vertical (y) axis of a graph
- to repeat a research study, usually with different participants and in different situations, to confirm the results of the original study
- this variable data is plotted on the horizontal (x) axis of a graph
5 True/False Questions
Bias → evidence gathered through observations (especially during experiments)
Skepticism → an attitude of doubt
Control → is used to represent things we cannot directly study.
Dependent Variable → part of an experiment that the experimenter changes.
Hypothesis → A simple statement predicting the result of a controlled scientific experiment.