5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Manipulated variable
- bar graph
- Dependent Variable
- a alternative term for independent variable
- b the methodological studying of the natural world through experimentation and verification of facts.
- c used to display data that is not continuous or without units
- d changes as a result of the changes in the Independent Variable.
- e to use of your senses to gather quantitative or qualitative information
5 Multiple choice questions
- A simple statement predicting the result of a controlled scientific experiment.
- alternative term for the dependant variable
- this variable data is plotted on the horizontal (x) axis of a graph
- to repeat a research study, usually with different participants and in different situations, to confirm the results of the original study
- an attitude of doubt
5 True/False questions
randomness → the quality of lacking any predictable order or plan,best defense against bias
Scientific method → the steps scientists use to create explanations based on the evidence they gather
Graph → visual display of information or data
Scientific Law → scientific statement that is well tested, supported, and verifiable.
Qualitative Observations → observations made by the 5 senses. (seeing, feeling, touching, smelling, tasting.)