MAJOR POINT FOR LOWER BACK DISORDER
Lumbar Yang Gate
1. benefits the lumbar region & legs
2. regulates the lower jiao: Tx kidney disorders
3. dispels wind-damp
Gate of Life
moxa for K yang defic & lumbar pain
1. reg the governing vessel
2. tonifies the K
3. benefits the lumbar spine
VERY IMP POINT: never have surgery here.
Moxa to fortify child's body/spinal structure
1. clears heat from the LU & HT
2. calms the spirit 3. pacifies wind
Often combined w/DU-14 to reduce fever.
Level w/ influential pt of bone.
Near spec point to calm asthma.
1. clears heat, tx malaria
2. reg the Gov Vessel
Very much Yang energy flows thru this pt.
Tx heat, fever, wind.
Ming-men fire so hot as it goes up spine.
this pt cools the yang energy b4 it enters brain.
Gate of Muteness
Tx sudden loss of voice when catch a cold.
Gua sha better than needle.
1. benefits the T, tx muteness
2. eliminates wind, benefits the neck & spine
Palace of Wind
Brain dislikes heat so Wind Gate @ T2,
Wind Pool @ GB-20, &
final stage is Wind Palace,
so clear ming-men energy
can enter the brain after being cooled.
1. eliminates wind
2. nourishes the sea of marrow, benefits the head & neck 3. calms the spirit
Brings qi up or down.
Tx brain fog & headache.
Moxa for deficiency/bring yang up.
Ice for child's fever.
1. pacify wind, subdue yang
2. raises yang, counters prolapse
3. benefits the head & sense organs
4. nourishes the sea of marrow
5. benefits the brain, calms the spirit
BEST FOR SINUSITIS
can moxa for wind-cold
1. benefits the nose & eyes, calms the spirit
2. eliminates wind, benefits the head & face, dispels sweating
Courtyard of the Spirit
1. benefits the brain, calms the spirit
2. eliminates wind, benefits the head 3. benefits the nose & eyes
1. (powerfully) restores consciousness,
calms the spirit
2. benefits the face & nose, expels wind
3. benefits the spine,
tx acute lumbar sprain
(imaging: one end of the channel tx the other end i.e. lower back pain)
Also shaped like a ditch so can tx water metab disorder like edema