← AP World History Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Estates General
- Dar al islam
- Isaac Newton
- a Northeast Asian peoples who defeated the Ming Dynasty and founded the Qing Dynasty in 1644, which was the last of China's imperial dynasties.
- b English mathematician and scientist- invented differential calculus and formulated the theory of universal gravitation, a theory about the nature of light, and three laws of motion. was supposedly inspired by the sight of a falling apple.
- c The traditional group of representatives from the three Estates of French society: the clergy, nobility, and commoners. Louis XVI assembled this group to deal with the financial crisis in France at the time, but the 3rd estate demanded more rights and representation.
- d an Arabic term that means the "house of Islam" and that refers to lands under Islamic rule
- e a collection of ancient stories that feature Hindu gods such as Vishnu and Shiva
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Industrial societies such as in Britain, France, and the US produced a lot of criticism, so some governments were forced to respond with reforms such as free public education and expanded ________ for all men.
- Historians' name for the eastern portion of the Roman Empire from the fourth century until its downfall to the Ottomans in 1453. Famous for being a center of Orthodox Christianity and Greek-based culture.
Also known as Temujin; he united the Mongol tribes into an unstoppable fighting force; created largest single land empire in history.
- Free men and women of color in Haiti. They sought greater political rights and later supported the Haitian Revolution.
- Date: American Revolution/Smith writes Wealth of Nations (Hint: 1__6)
5 True/False Questions
cultural imperialism → Domination of one culture over another by a deliberate policy or by economic or technological superiority.
King Leopold II → Prior to agriculture, this type of group traveled looking for food and shelter.
League of Nations → 1842, ended Opium war, said the western nations would determine who would trade with china, so it set up the unequal treaty system which allowed western nations to own a part of chinese territory and conduct trading business in china under their own laws; this treaty set up 5 treaty ports where westerners could live, work, and be treated under their own laws; one of these were Hong Kong.
King Charles I → (1644-1911 CE), the last imperial dynasty of China which was overthrown by revolutionaries; was ruled by the Manchu people: began to isolate themselves from Western culture,
1533 → Date: Congress of Vienna (Hint: 1__5)