5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Nasir al-Din Tusi
- Zheng He
- a An imperial eunuch and Muslim, entrusted by the Ming emperor Yongle with a series of state voyages that took his gigantic ships through the Indian Ocean, from Southeast Asia to Africa.
Chinese dynasty between 1368-1644. Economy flourished, Border Policy was good, but not well enough enforced, as they were taken over by the Manchu from the North in 1644.
- c Although the the US did not attempt to settle or colonize South America like other imperialistic nations had done, they did exert ________ influence that in an imperialistic way.
- d Persian mathematician and cosmologist whose academy near Tabriz provided the model for the movement of the planets that helped to inspire the Copernican model of the solar system.
- e Served as centers of trade, public performance, and political administration (for example Athens, Carthage, and Teotihucan)
5 Multiple Choice Questions
The last of pre-Islamic Persian Empire, from 224 to 651 CE. One of the two main powers in Western Asia and Europe alongside the Roman Empire and later the Byzantine Empire for a period of more than 400 years
aggressive empire in Cambodia and Laos that collapsed in the 1400's when Thailand conquered Cambodia
- Date: End of Russian Serfdom/Italian Unification (Hint: 1__1)
- A philosophical movement in eighteenth-century Europe that fostered the belief that one could reform society by discovering rational laws that governed social behavior and were just as scientific as the laws of physics.
- The switch to ______ created a more reliable and stable food supply.
5 True/False Questions
mestizo → Empire created by indigenous Muslims in western Sudan of West Africa from the thirteenth to fifteenth century. It was famous for its role in the trans-Saharan gold trade.
Flu Pandemic of 1918 → The deadliest natural disaster in human history. Killed between 50-100 million people following WWI.
Paterfamilias → The common people during the Roman era.
Revolutions of 1848 → a series of political upheavals throughout the European continent. Described by some historians as a revolutionary wave, the period of unrest began in France and then, soon spread to the rest of Europe.
Faisal → Arab prince, leader of the Arab Revolt in World War I. The British made him king of Iraq in 1921, and he reigned under British protection until 1933.