5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Congress of Vienna
- 95 Theses
- a When noting dates the letter "c." before a date represents what? (example: Jesus was born c. 5 BCE). It means approximately.
- b Sea-faring proto-Greek kingdom whose abrupt demise triggered the Greek Dark Ages ca. 1200 BCE-800 BCE
- c The Ottoman province in the Balkans that rose up against Janissary control in the early 1800s. Terrorists from here triggered WWI. After World War II it became the central province of Yugoslavia.
- d Meeting of representatives of European monarchs called to reestablish the old order and establish a plan for a new balance of power after the defeat of Napoleon.
- e Luther's list of accusations against the Roman Catholic Church, which included the sale of indulgences
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A division in the Latin (Western) Christian Church between 1378 and 1417, when rival claimants to the papacy existed in Rome and Avignon. (p. 411)
- Scottish engineer and inventor whose improvements in the steam engine led to its wide use in industry (1736-1819).
- The year of the collapse of the Soviet Union.
- The river in which early kingdoms in Egypt were centered around.
The first state to unify most of the Indian subcontinent. It was founded by Chandragupta Maurya in 324 B.C.E. and survived until 184 B.C.E. From its capital at Pataliputra in the Ganges Valley it grew wealthy from taxes.
5 True/False Questions
Franklin D. Roosevelt → President of the United States during most of the Depression and most of World War II.
Hydrogen bomb →
A thermonuclear bomb which uses the fusion of isotopes of hydrogen
Little Ice Age → The voyage that brought enslaved Africans across the Atlantic Ocean to North America and the West Indies.
1571 → Date: Battle of Lepanto (Hint: 1__1)
The Great Schism → A _____ is used to define and direct an essay and is worth 1 point. In it you must answer all parts of the question and then prove it to be true within the remainder of your essay.