5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Aswan High Dam
- Silk Road
A system of ancient caravan routes across Central Asia, along which traders carried silk and other trade goods.
- b This gradually changed the way that things were produced, starting in the mid 18th century, but escalating greatly by the mid 19th century.
one of the world's largest dams on the Nile River in southern Egypt
- d system of religion founded in Persia in the 6th century BC by Zoroaster noun
- e People from Central Asia when united ended up creating the largest single land empire in history.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The central administration of the Roman Catholic Church, of which the pope is the head. (pp. 258, 445)
The English monarch who was beheaded by Puritans (see English Civil War) who then established their own short-lived government ruled by Oliver Cromwell (Mid 1600s).
- Industrial countries sought new places to sell their goods. This is seen around the world. This military conflict in Between China and Britain illustrates this.
- President Truman's policy of providing economic and military aid to any country threatened by communism or totalitarian ideology.
- Date: First Crusade
(Hint: ___5 CE)
5 True/False questions
Weimar Republic →
Sometimes called the Wailing Wall, this Sacred Jewish site is what remains of the former Israelite temple prior to the 1st century CE war with Rome and subsequent Jewish diaspora.
Faisal → Arab prince, leader of the Arab Revolt in World War I. The British made him king of Iraq in 1921, and he reigned under British protection until 1933.
1956 → Date: de-Stalinization in Russia; Egyptian nationalization of Suez Canal (Hint: 1__6)
385 → Date: End of Russian Serfdom/Italian Unification (Hint: 1__1)
Swahili → The branch of Islam that believes in a more mystical connection with Allah.