← AP World History Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- family wage
- Millet System
- a As industrialization gradually became more intense in certain areas, men displaced women in factories and were paid more, partly because men were seen as requiring a _____ _____.
- b Adopting the traits of another culture. Often happens over time when one immigrates into a new country.
- c Divided regions in the Ottoman Empire by religion (Orthodox Christians, Jews, Armenian Christians, Muslims). Leaders of each millet supported the Sultan in exchange for power over their millet.
- d Greek word for "city-state"
- e An early peopl who settled in modern day Mexico and who traded in jade and obsidian and erected colossal heads carved from rocks.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- the only woman to rule China in her own name, expanded the empire and supported Buddhism during the Tang Dynasty.
(1279-1368 CE) The dynasty with Mongol rule in China; centralized with bureaucracy but structure is different: Mongols on top->Persian bureaucrats->Chinese bureuacrats.
- The period in Chinese history (403-221 BCE) in which many different states emerged and were fighting for control of China.
- This was the tsar of Russia that Westernized Russia and built up a massive Russian army.
- South Africans descended from Dutch and French settlers of the seventeenth century. Their Great Trek founded new settler colonies in the nineteenth century. Though a minority among South Africans, they held political power after 1910.
5 True/False Questions
Byzantine Empire →
Historians' name for the eastern portion of the Roman Empire from the fourth century onward, taken from 'Byzantion,' an early name for Constantinople, the Byzantine capital city. The empire fell to the Ottomans in 1453.
Caravan routes connecting China and the Middle East across Central Asia and Iran.
Mesoamerican civilization concentrated in Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula and in Guatemala and Honduras but never unified into a single empire. Major contributions were in mathematics, astronomy, and development of the calendar.
immigrants → One-fifth: amount the Spanish crown was to receive of all precious metals mined in the Americas.
Declaration of the Rights of Man → Treaty in which Russia lost substantial territory to the Germans. This ended Russian participation in the war (1918).