5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Battle of Carchemish (605)
- a is the Phoenician queen of ancient Israel. Her story is told in 1st and 2nd Kings. She is introduced as a Phoenician princess, the daughter of King Ethobaal of Tyre. Her father was the king of the entirety of the Phoenician empire
- b When the Assyrian capital Nineveh was overrun by the Babylonians in 612 BC, the Assyrians moved their capital to Harran. When Harran was captured by the Babylonians in 610 BC, the capital was once again moved, this time to -_________
- c The word ____ is used repeatedly in all the standard works of the Church, and is defined in latter-day revelation as "the pure in heart
- d is the second of the three major sections in the Hebrew Bible, the Tanakh. It falls between the Torah (teachings) and Ketuvim (writings
- e according to the Books of Samuel, the name of a priest of Shiloh, and one of the last Israelite Judges before the rule of kings in ancient Israel.abruptly appears when Hannah, who is childless, prays to God for a child.
5 Multiple choice questions
- originally a canaanite royal city, before it became one of the principle centers of the tribe of judah
- appearances in 1-2 Samuel reflect her confinement as a woman caught in the fierce struggle over the kingship between her father, Saul, and her husband, David
- was king of Judah, succeeding his father Solomon. His mother was Naamah "the Ammonitess." Albright has dated his reign to 922 - 915 BC
- was apparently one of the favorite places of Elijah, one of the major Prophets of God
- was the husband of Bathsheba, whom David had murdered by putting him in the front of a battle, so that David could have _______ wife
5 True/False questions
Eschatological → is talk about, or the study of, the "last things" (e.g. end of the world, heaven, hell, judgment).
Josiah → was the husband of Bathsheba, whom David had murdered by putting him in the front of a battle, so that David could have _______ wife
Nathan → King of Israel (c.869-850 BCE), son of Omri and husband of Jezebel, a Sidonian princess. He defeated the armies of Damascus and came into conflict with Assyria.
Messiah → warns the people of Israel to turn back to YHWH.
Zedekiah (597-587) → last king of Judah before the destruction of the kingdom by Babylon. He was the third son of Josiah, and his mother was Hamutal,but when Nebuchadnezzar II placed him on the throne as the successor to Jehoiachin, he changed his name to_____________