5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Battle of Carchemish (605)
- Davidic covenant
- Amaziah, priest of bethel
- a establishes David and his descendants as the rightful kings of Judah until the Messiah comes
- b Jehoash took _________ prisoner, entered Jerusalem, and sacked the Temple. _______ was assassinated at Lachish, and his son Uzziah succeeded him. 2 Priest of Bethel, Amos's enemy.
- c When the Assyrian capital Nineveh was overrun by the Babylonians in 612 BC, the Assyrians moved their capital to Harran. When Harran was captured by the Babylonians in 610 BC, the capital was once again moved, this time to -_________
- d king of the Kingdom of Judah, not counting queen Athaliah's reign
- e First son of Joseph by his Egyptian wife, Asenath, and eponymous ancestor of one of the 12 tribes of Israel,received land on both sides of the Jordan River.
5 Multiple choice questions
- best remembered for the rape of his half-sister Tamar, daughter of David and Maachah.Jewish law forbids sexual relations between half-brothers and sisters
- was a prophetess,She was the wife of Shallum, son of Tokhath, ________and Deborah were the principal professed prophetesses in the Nevi'im (Prophets) portion of the Hebrew Bible, although other women were referred to as prophetesses
- Hophni and Phinehas, meanwhile, were behaving wickedly, for example by taking for themselves all the prime cuts of meat from sacrifices, and by having sex with the women who served at the sanctuary entrance.
- exile typically refers to the deportation and exile of the Jews of the ancient Kingdom of Judah to Babylon by Nebuchadnezzar II in 586 BC, in fact the exile started with the first deportation in 597 BC.
- is talk about, or the study of, the "last things" (e.g. end of the world, heaven, hell, judgment).
5 True/False questions
seers → - The word in English Versions of the Bible represents two Hebrew words, The former designation is from the ordinary verb "to see"; the latter is connected with the verb used of prophetic vision.
Solomon → best remembered for the rape of his half-sister Tamar, daughter of David and Maachah.Jewish law forbids sexual relations between half-brothers and sisters
Latter Prophets → - Isaiah/ Jeremiah/ Ezekiel
agag and the amalekites → This prophet is introduced as abruptly as Melchisedek-his birth, parents, and call to the prophetic office being alike unrecorded
Nebuchadnezzar → is best known to students of the Bible for his defeat of the southern kingdom of Judah,