5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- In the year ____ the FBI begin as the Bureau of Investigation?
- ___ ____ is the nation's largest law enforcement agency, with about 38,000 sworn officers.
- The state of _____________ was the first to centralize its state police force.
- James Q. ______ is most closely associated with the concept of "policing styles."
- ______________ policing is best characterized by providing service to citizens.
- a pennsylvania
- b 1908
- c wilson
- d new york
- e Community
5 Multiple choice questions
5 True/False questions
The _______ is the local law enforcement official responsible for serving court papers, maintaining security within courtrooms, and running the county jail. → political
The best way to describe police subculture is a particular set of _______ characteristic of the police. → crime
The __________ era of American policing was characterized by the police serving the interests of politicians. → Community
_______ is the acronym that describes Chicago's comprehensive community-based policing program. → CAPS
Police-community relations (PCR) as a police practice recognizes that the police derive their legitimacy from the __________ they serve. → community