5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Police-community relations (PCR) as a police practice recognizes that the police derive their legitimacy from the __________ they serve.
- A neighborhood resource officer asks residents to clean up litter, remove graffiti, and install better lighting in a nearby park that is known for extensive drug dealing. Such a request is characteristic of _________ type of policing.
- ______________ policing is best characterized by providing service to citizens.
- The __________ era of American policing was characterized by the police serving the interests of politicians.
- If state troopers were instructed to write a ticket for any motorist going 1 mph over the speed limit, one could argue that this department was operating under ________ style of policing.
- a Community
- b community
- c political
- d problem-solving
- e legalistic
5 Multiple choice questions
5 True/False questions
___ ____ is the nation's largest law enforcement agency, with about 38,000 sworn officers. → Community
The _______ is the local law enforcement official responsible for serving court papers, maintaining security within courtrooms, and running the county jail. → political
James Q. ______ is most closely associated with the concept of "policing styles." → wilson
The state of _____________ was the first to centralize its state police force. → crime
___________ policing is a police strategy that emphasizes an increased capacity to deal with crimes that are not well controlled by traditional methods. → Strategic