5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Frances Payne Bolton 1885-1977
- Hippocrates 460-370 BC
- Universal ideals of Red Cross
- Phoebe 1st century AD
- Best known as an abolitionist during the Civil War
- a Considered the father of modern scientific medicine.
- b Bolton Act- barred institutions from discriminating on the basis of race or creed.
- c was the first deaconesses visiting nurse
- d Humanity, impartially, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity, and universality.
- e Sojourner Truth
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- established Sisters of Charity affiliated with the order founded by St. Vincent de Paul. Now the University of Maryland Hospital.
- Most famous Greek physician and surgeon.
- Credited back to Lillian Wald.
- Military hospitals considered safe havens were doctors and nurses could care for the wounded of any nation.
- means "place for the sick" _____ 's hospital.
5 True/False Questions
Korean War → 1861-1865
Imhotep ca.2900-2800BC → Most famous Greek physician and surgeon.
Deaconesses 1st century AD → unmarried or widowed women who engaged in activities similar to our modern social workers and chaplins.
Clara Brown 1821-1912 → Civil war abolitionist. Was a matron at the colored hospital in Virginia during the Civil War.
World War II 1939-1945 → Bolton- US Cadet Nurse Corps. Nursing schools rather than hospitals received federal funding.Goverment scholarships were given.