← Penny Candy Vocab Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Legal Tender Law
- a A disk of base metal which can be used as a substitute for a coin
- b Reducing the value of a coin by reducing the amount of precious metal in it.
- c Today, it is paper money. Originally, it was an IOU from a bank
- d The correction period following an inflation.
- e A law which provides for the punishment of anyone who refuses to accept the legal tender money
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The notches on the edge of a coin
- A wafer or disk of precious metal
- A non-precious metal like copper or nickel
- Almost nothing is free, someone must pay for it
- An unchanging fact of life which deals with production and distribution of wealth.
5 True/False Questions
Law of supply and demand → An unchanging fact of life which deals with production and distribution of wealth.
Subsidy → Reducing the value of a coin by reducing the amount of precious metal in it.
Deflation → An increase in the amount of money which causes the money to lose value, so the prices rise
Counterfeiting → The notches on the edge of a coin
Clad → A coin made of different metals.