5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Which of the following is the correct sequence of events in phagocytosis?
- T OR F: Adaptive immunity is provided only by lymphocytes that secrete antibodies.
- T OR F: A transfusion reaction is a subacute hypersensitivity to foreign red blood cells.
- Which of the following types of cells display protein fragments produced by the cancer within them?
- Which of the following is characteristic of complete antigens?
- a FALSE
- b Reactivity with an antibody
- c all nucleated cells
- d TRUE
- e chemotaxis, adherence, ingestion, digestion, killing
5 Multiple choice questions
- A primary response results when naïve lymphocytes are activated, while a secondary response is a result of activating memory cells.
- Antibodies immobilize antigens and mark them for destruction.
- passage of IgG antibodies from a pregnant mother to her fetus
- antigen-presenting cells
5 True/False questions
______ become antigenic if they attach themselves to larger proteins. → TRUE
B cells respond to the initial antigen challenge by ________. → using a xenograft
________ is the most common type of immediate hypersensitivity. → IgG
Your hand has a scratch. What signals would indicate that the injury is inflammed? → leukotrienes;
T OR F: It is our genes, not antigens, that determine what specific foreign substances our immune system will be able to recognize and resist. → FALSE