← The Immune System Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Small molecules that bind with self-proteins to produce antigenic substances are called ________.
- Which cell of the immune system is absolutely required for an adaptive immune response?
- What is the role of interferon in defense against disease?
- Which of the following is the correct sequence of events in phagocytosis?
- What mobilizes the adaptive defenses and provokes an immune response?
- a chemotaxis, adherence, ingestion, digestion, killing
- b Helper T cell
- c protects cells that have not yet been infected by viruses
- d haptens
- e antigens
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- mainly neutrophil and macrophage migration into inflamed areas
- IgM contains 10 binding sites.
- The T cell enters a state of anergy.
5 True/False Questions
________ is the most abundant class of antibodies in plasma. → Neutrophils; monocytes
Delayed hypersensitivities ________. → include allergic contact dermatitis
______ become antigenic if they attach themselves to larger proteins. → An adaptive immune mechanism is often involved in directing complement to its target.
The only T cells that can directly attack and kill other cells are the ________. → cytotoxic cells
What constitutes the body's first line of defense against disease? → protects cells that have not yet been infected by viruses