← PBIO Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- why is biofuel from corn not efficient?
- what is a function statement?
- Active Compounds in Plants
- What is the doctrine of signatures and example?
- a a belief that if a plant looked like a part of the body then it could cure that body parts ailments. ex- walnuts were said to cure headaches
- b it takes as much energy to produce it as you get out of it; its not sustainable; you'd use too much corn in order to fill our energy needs
- c information on supplements about possible effects of the supplements
- d Adding hydrogen to bond to previously double bonded carbons so that an unsaturated oil is saturated or partially saturated (Margarine)
- e Glycosides, Steroids
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Peanut, Olive, Castor
- the active ingredients in fever bark which prevents malaria
- exudative, extractive, semisynthetic
- sunflower oil which is used in cooking , paints, and varnishes
5 True/False Questions
name one of the herb families and an example → mustard family ex.- horseradish
example of pscyoactive compound 1-stimulant → cocaine
what was one ingredient in the medicinal salve? and its purpose? → vulcanization improved elacisity and is impervious to weather
Pectin → Special group of plant polysaccharides which form a gel under certain circumstances
What comes from an orchid? → vanilla