5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- recessive disorder
- cesarean section
- a A nerve cell.
- b Male organs that manufacture sperm.
- c ...
- d The period of pregnancy.
- e An illness that a child gets by inheriting two copies of the abnormal gene that causes the disorder.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The time when a body structure is most vulnerable to damage by a teratogen, typically when that organ or process is rapidly developing or coming "on line."
- A bag-shaped, fluid filled membrane that contains and insulates the fetus.
- The naturally occurring loss of a pregnancy and death of the fetus.
- A professional who counsels parents-to-be about their own or their children's risk of developing genetic disorders, as well as about available treatments.
5 True/False Questions
fetal alcohol syndrome → The most common chromosomal abnormality, causing mental retardation, susceptibility to heart disease, and other health problems; and distinctive physical characteristics, such as slanted eyes and stocky build.
assisted reproductive technology → ...
Apgar scale → ...
umbillical cord → A bag-shaped, fluid filled membrane that contains and insulates the fetus.
ovary → One of a pair of almond-shaped organs that contain a woman's ova, or eggs.