5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- proximodistal sequence
- developmental disorders
- dominant disorder
- a Learning impairments and behavioral problems during infancy and childhood.
- b The pear-shaped muscular organ in a woman's abdomen that houses the developing baby.
- c A second trimester procedure that involves inserting a sy
- d An illness that a child gets by inheriting one copy of the abnormal gene that causes the disorder.
- e The developmental principle that growth occurs from the most interior parts of the body outward.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A bag-shaped, fluid filled membrane that contains and insulates the fetus.
- One of a pair of almond-shaped organs that contain a woman's ova, or eggs.
- A cluster of birth defects caused by the mother's alcohol consumption during pregnancy.
- The period of pregnancy.
- One of a pair of slim pipe-like structures that connect the ovaries with the uterus.
5 True/False Questions
very low birth weight → A physical or neurological problem that occurs prenatally or at birth.
gene → A segment of DNA that contains a chemical blueprint for manufacturing a particular protein.
chorionic villus sampling → A relatively risky first-trimester pregnancy test for fetal genetic information.
germinal stage → The first 14 days of prenatal development, from fertizliation to full implantation.
embryonic stage → The first 14 days of prenatal development, from fertizliation to full implantation.