5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- sensitive period
- a The time when a body structure is most vulnerable to damage by a teratogen, typically when that organ or process is rapidly developing or coming "on line."
- b An egg cell containing the genetic material contributed by the mother to the baby.
- c A pregnant woman's first feeling of the fetus moving inside her body.
- d The material that makes up genes, which bear our hereditary characteristics.
- e One of a pair of almond-shaped organs that contain a woman's ova, or eggs.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- An illness caused by a single gene.
- The developmental principle that growth occurs from the most interior parts of the body outward.
- The period of pregnancy.
- The union of sperm and egg.
- A cluster of birth defects caused by the mother's alcohol consumption during pregnancy.
5 True/False Questions
age of viability → ...
recessive disorder → An illness that a child gets by inheriting two copies of the abnormal gene that causes the disorder.
neural tube → A cylindrical structure that forms along the back of the embryo and develops into the brain and spinal cord.
chromosome → One of the 3 month long segments into which pregnancy is divided.
fallopian tube → A cylindrical structure that forms along the back of the embryo and develops into the brain and spinal cord.