5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Down syndrome
- germinal stage
- a The union of sperm and egg.
- b The most common chromosomal abnormality, causing mental retardation, susceptibility to heart disease, and other health problems; and distinctive physical characteristics, such as slanted eyes and stocky build.
- c The first 14 days of prenatal development, from fertizliation to full implantation.
- d A segment of DNA that contains a chemical blueprint for manufacturing a particular protein.
- e A second trimester procedure that involves inserting a sy
5 Multiple choice questions
- A pregnant woman's first feeling of the fetus moving inside her body.
- The second stage of prenatal development, lasting from week 3 through week 8.
- The naturally occurring loss of a pregnancy and death of the fetus.
5 True/False questions
chromosome → One of the 3 month long segments into which pregnancy is divided.
dominant disorder → An illness that a child gets by inheriting one copy of the abnormal gene that causes the disorder.
developmental disorders → An illness that a child gets by inheriting two copies of the abnormal gene that causes the disorder.
fallopian tube → One of a pair of slim pipe-like structures that connect the ovaries with the uterus.
natural childbirth → A cylindrical structure that forms along the back of the embryo and develops into the brain and spinal cord.