5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- RNA polymerase
- DNA Polymerase
- nitrogenous base
- DNA Replication
- a enzyme that adds and links complementary RNA nucleotides during transcription
- b process by which DNA is copied in a cell before a cell divides by mitosis, meiosis, or binary fission
- c enzyme involved in DNA replication that joins individual nucleotides to produce a DNA molecule
- d disease causing
- e carbon ring structure found in DNA or RNA that contains one or more atoms of nitrogen; includes adenine, guanine, cytosine, thymine and uracil
5 Multiple choice questions
- a five-carbon sugar present in RNA
- the transfer of genetic material in the form of DNA fragments from one cell to another or from one organism to another
- A five-carbon sugar found in DNA.
- transfer RNA; type of RNA that carries amino acids to the ribosome
- The way in which DNA is synthesized. Each of the two partner strands in a double helix acts as a template for a new partner strand. Hence, after replication each double helix consists of one old and one new strand.
5 True/False questions
amino acid → basic building blocks of protein molecules
human genome → change in a DNA sequence that affects genetic information
stop codon → codon that specifies an amino acid that stops protein building
protein → a molecule that is made up of amino acids and that is needed to build and repair body structures and to regulate processes in the body.
hydrogen bonds → a molecule that is made up of amino acids and that is needed to build and repair body structures and to regulate processes in the body.