5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- human genome
- hydrogen bonds
- Watson and Crick
- a discovered structure of DNA
- b Complete set of genetic information
- c a molecule that is made up of amino acids and that is needed to build and repair body structures and to regulate processes in the body.
- d complementary nitrogenous bases are bonded by these weak bonds
- e RNA directs the assembly of amino acids into proteins
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A five-carbon sugar found in DNA.
- disease causing
- process by which DNA is copied in a cell before a cell divides by mitosis, meiosis, or binary fission
- AUG that signals the start of translation
- codon that specifies an amino acid that stops protein building
5 True/False Questions
double helix → The building block of a nucleic acid, consisting of a five-carbon sugar covalently bonded to a nitrogenous bas and a phosphate group.
rRNA → messenger RNA; type of RNA that carries instructions from DNA in the nucleus to the ribosome
RNA → Deoxyribonucleic acid
amino acid → replaces thymine in RNA
nitrogenous base → carbon ring structure found in DNA or RNA that contains one or more atoms of nitrogen; includes adenine, guanine, cytosine, thymine and uracil