5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The ______ claimed to be supreme over the other patriarchs.
- Which emperor bans the Olympic Games?
- Who was the most important apostle who formed the first church and spread Jesus' teachings?
- What two things does Lucius bequeath to Atticus and his father and Aristide?
- What does the dark storm vision represent?
- a His fortune and freedom
- b Turmoil and conspiracies soon to arise
- c pope
- d Theodosius
- e Peter
5 Multiple choice questions
- Ancestral spirits
- It accepts everyone (no fees for sacrifices); promised hope and freedom from penalties of wrongdoing; all classes converted as conditions in Rome worsened; people were curious about beliefs (saw Martyrs); Emperors (Theodosius and Constantine); organized church
- Assyrians and Persians
- (Everyone except slaves) Infants, elderly, men, women, healthy and ill.
- Jews were monotheistic and believed in one god. In addition they believed in a Messiah, or savior, to lead them to freedom
5 True/False questions
What two titles did emperors have? → Astrologer
Who were Zealots? → Rebellious Jews who believed that Judaism would be weakened by outside influences and therefore supported rebellion against Rome to establish their own independent state
What profession did Aristide have? → Astrologer
How did the Romans create straight roads? → They used a grid system
What is an aqueduct bridge? → Arches that were used as bridges where water would flow on the top.