5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Hadrian banned all Jews from the holy city of _________.
- Why did the Romans have so many gods?
- How did the Romans create straight roads?
- Explain how an aqueduct worked.
- In AD 312, the Roman emperor _________ declared his support for Christianity.
- a They used a grid system
- b Constantine
- c They used the gods to represent the aspects of nature that they did not understand
- d The Romans would take the water from its source and use gravity to bring it down to the city. From there it would be stored in tanks and the excess would be used to flush out the sewers.
- e Jerusalem.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Ancestral spirits
- Guardian of fire, home, and the hearth
- (Everyone except slaves) Infants, elderly, men, women, healthy and ill.
5 True/False Questions
What would a citizen do in the Caldarium? → They would be in a very hot room (like a sauna) where the hot water and steamy air would open their pores.
When does "Atticus of Rome" take place? → 30 B.C.
Where is the Promise Land? → On top of where Nero's Golden Palace had been. It was built in middle of Rome and adjacent to forum.
Who wrote "Atticus of Rome"? → Barry Denenberg
Name two Jewish prophets. → Rebellious Jews who believed that Judaism would be weakened by outside influences and therefore supported rebellion against Rome to establish their own independent state