5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Jet Stream
- pressure gradient force
- air pressure
- Occluded Front
- aneroid barometer
- a Drives air from areas of higher barometric pressure to areas of lower barometric pressure, causing winds.
- b a front where a warm air mass is caught between two colder air masses and brings cool temperatures and large amounts of rain and snow
- c the weight of the air above an object
- d an instrument that measure air pressure, An instrument that measures changes in air pressure without using a liquid. Changes in the shape of an airtight metal box cause a needle on the barometer dial to move.
- e narrow belt of strong winds that blows near the top of the troposphere across the US
5 Multiple choice questions
- a line on a weather map that joins points having the same barometric pressure
- an instrument used to determine the direction that the wind is blowing
- an area in which the barometric pressure is greater than that of the surrounding air
- a boundary between two air masses of different density, moisture, or temperature
- a body of air that has about the same temperature and moisture throughout
5 True/False questions
Convection Current → the movement of a fluid, caused by differences in temperature, that transfers heat from one part of the fluid to another
Cold Front → moving weather front along which a warm air mass slides over a cold air mass, producing stratiform clouds and precipitation
anemometer → an instrument that measure air pressure, An instrument that measures changes in air pressure without using a liquid. Changes in the shape of an airtight metal box cause a needle on the barometer dial to move.
low → an area in which the barometric pressure is lower than that of the surrounding air
Friction → the resistance encountered when one body is moved in contact with another. Slows down the speed of wind when it flows over land