← air pressure Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- warm front
- pressure gradient force
- Jet Stream
- a an area in which the barometric pressure is greater than that of the surrounding air
- b Drives air from areas of higher barometric pressure to areas of lower barometric pressure, causing winds.
- c the resistance encountered when one body is moved in contact with another. Slows down the speed of wind when it flows over land
- d narrow belt of strong winds that blows near the top of the troposphere across the US
- e moving weather front along which a warm air mass slides over a cold air mass, producing stratiform clouds and precipitation
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- the weight of the air above an object
- a body of air that has about the same temperature and moisture throughout
- An instrument that measures changes in air pressure, consisting of a glass tube partially filled with mercury, with its open end resting in a dish of mercury. Air pressure pushing on the mercury in the dish forces the mercury in the tube to be higher.
- an instrument used to determine the direction that the wind is blowing
- a front where a warm air mass is caught between two colder air masses and brings cool temperatures and large amounts of rain and snow
5 True/False Questions
Front → Area of low pressure where wind will move towards, associated with cloudy and rainy weather and air that is rising
Low → Area of low pressure where wind will move towards, associated with cloudy and rainy weather and air that is rising
low → an area in which the barometric pressure is lower than that of the surrounding air
aneroid barometer → an instrument that measure air pressure, An instrument that measures changes in air pressure without using a liquid. Changes in the shape of an airtight metal box cause a needle on the barometer dial to move.
Convection Current → The way Earth's rotation makes winds in the Northern Hemisphere curve to the right and winds in the Southern Hemisphere curve to the left.