5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Wind Vain
- pressure gradient force
- Occluded Front
- a the resistance encountered when one body is moved in contact with another. Slows down the speed of wind when it flows over land
- b Drives air from areas of higher barometric pressure to areas of lower barometric pressure, causing winds.
- c a line on a weather map that joins points having the same barometric pressure
- d a front where a warm air mass is caught between two colder air masses and brings cool temperatures and large amounts of rain and snow
- e an instrument used to determine the direction that the wind is blowing
5 Multiple choice questions
- the weight of the air above an object
- forms when cold air moves under warm air which is less dense and pushes air up
- Area of high pressure where wind will move away from, associated with dry and nice weather and air that is sinking
- a body of air that has about the same temperature and moisture throughout
- narrow belt of strong winds that blows near the top of the troposphere across the US
5 True/False questions
Coriolis Effect → The way Earth's rotation makes winds in the Northern Hemisphere curve to the right and winds in the Southern Hemisphere curve to the left.
warm front → forms when cold air moves under warm air which is less dense and pushes air up
anemometer → an instrument that measures wind speed
Mercury Barometer → an instrument that measure air pressure, An instrument that measures changes in air pressure without using a liquid. Changes in the shape of an airtight metal box cause a needle on the barometer dial to move.
Front → Area of low pressure where wind will move towards, associated with cloudy and rainy weather and air that is rising