5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Cold Front
- pressure gradient force
- Wind Vain
- a Area of low pressure where wind will move towards, associated with cloudy and rainy weather and air that is rising
- b an area in which the barometric pressure is greater than that of the surrounding air
- c an instrument used to determine the direction that the wind is blowing
- d forms when cold air moves under warm air which is less dense and pushes air up
- e Drives air from areas of higher barometric pressure to areas of lower barometric pressure, causing winds.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The way Earth's rotation makes winds in the Northern Hemisphere curve to the right and winds in the Southern Hemisphere curve to the left.
- an instrument that measures wind speed
- a line on a weather map that joins points having the same barometric pressure
- moving weather front along which a warm air mass slides over a cold air mass, producing stratiform clouds and precipitation
- the movement of a fluid, caused by differences in temperature, that transfers heat from one part of the fluid to another
5 True/False Questions
Air Mass → a body of air that has about the same temperature and moisture throughout
Friction → a boundary between two air masses of different density, moisture, or temperature
Mercury Barometer → an instrument that measure air pressure, An instrument that measures changes in air pressure without using a liquid. Changes in the shape of an airtight metal box cause a needle on the barometer dial to move.
Front → an area in which the barometric pressure is lower than that of the surrounding air
High → an area in which the barometric pressure is lower than that of the surrounding air