6 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- (1756-1791) Austria, prolific and influential composer of the Classical era. He composed over 600 works, many acknowledged as pinnacles of symphonic, concertante, chamber, piano, operatic, and choral music.
- German, Romantic author (Tales of Hoffmann)
- (1803-1869) French, Romantic composer and conductor
- German musician and composer, considered one of the most distinguished pianists of the Romantic era, married to Robert
- (1770-1828) German, virtuoso pianist and composer
5 True/False questions
Frederic Chopin → (1810-1856) German, virtuoso pianist and composed works for piano and orchestra, many lieder (songs for voice and piano), four symphonies, an opera, and other orchestral, choral and chamber works.
Johannes Brahms → (1833-1897) German, composed for piano, chamber ensembles, symphony orchestra, and for voice and chorus. A virtuoso pianist
Muzio Clementi → english (of italian birth) classical composer, pianist, pedagogue, conductor, music publisher, editor, and piano manufacturer
Franz Haydn → (1732-1809) Austrian, "Father of the Symphony" and "Father of the String Quartet", instrumental in the development of the piano trio and in the evolution of sonata form
Fanny Mendelssohn Hensel → (1809-1847) German, composer, pianist, organist and conductor