5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a A variety of intercellular and intracellular signal transmissions mediate gene expression.
- b Environmental factors influence the expression of the genotype in an organism.
- c Organisms exchange information with each other in response to internal changes and external cues, which may change behavior.
- d Cells can be activated, produce new products, and retain their activated state through gene regulation
- e Errors in normal signal transduction may alter cellular response.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Cells communicate with each other through direct contact with other cells or from a distance via chemical signaling.
- Variation in molecular units provides cells with a wider range of functions.
- Positive feedback mechanisms amplify responses and processes in biological organisms.
- Organisms constantly respond to changes in their external environments.
- Cell communication involves processes resulting from evolution that are shared common features.
5 True/False questions
3.C.3 → Biological systems possess multiple mechanisms that increase genetic variation.
3.A.2 → In most eukaryotes, heritable information is passed to the next generation through mitosis or meiosis plus fertilization.
4.A.2. → Environmental factors influence the expression of the genotype in an organism.
3.A.1 → DNA, and in some cases RNA, is the primary source of heritable information.
2.B.2. → Interactions between cells affect the fitness of the organism.