5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a Growth and dynamic homeostasis is maintained by the constant movement of molecules across membranes.
- b Cell membranes are selectively permeable due to their structure.
- c Interactions of subcellular structures, including a repertory of eukaryotic organelles possessing specialized functions, provide essential cellular functions and activities.
- d Cells can be activated, produce new products, and retain their activated state through gene regulation
- e Mendelian genetics provides a basic understanding of the underlying causes of the pattern traits from parent to offspring.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Positive feedback mechanisms amplify responses and processes in biological organisms.
- Environmental factors influence the expression of the genotype in an organism.
- Timing and coordination of physiological events are regulated by multiple mechanisms
- All living systems require constant input of energy.
- Organisms constantly respond to changes in their external environments.
5 True/False questions
3.A.4 → Mendelian genetics provides a basic understanding of the underlying causes of the pattern traits from parent to offspring.
3.D.3. → Cells communicate with each other through direct contact with other cells or from a distance via chemical signaling.
3.B.2 → A variety of intercellular and intracellular signal transmissions mediate gene expression.
3.C.1 → Cell communication involves processes resulting from evolution that are shared common features.
4.B.5 → Interactions between molecules affect their structure and function.