5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a Biological systems are affected by disruptions to their homeostasis.
- b Changes in genotype can result in changes in phenotype.
- c Global distribution of ecosystems changes substantially over time.
- d All living systems require constant input of energy.
- e Interactions between external stimuli and gene expression result in specialization of cells, tissues, and organs.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Organisms exhibit complex properties due to interactions between their constituent parts.
- Variation in molecular units provides cells with a wider range of functions.
- Biological systems possess multiple mechanisms that increase genetic variation.
- Positive feedback mechanisms amplify responses and processes in biological organisms.
- Organisms capture, use, and store energy in biological processes such as growth, reproduction and maintaining homeostatic processes.
5 True/False Questions
3.E.1. → Organisms exchange information with each other in response to internal changes and external cues, which may change behavior.
3.B.2 → A variety of intercellular and intracellular signal transmissions mediate gene expression.
3.B.1 → Cells can be activated, produce new products, and retain their activated state through gene regulation
3.A.1 → Cells can be activated, produce new products, and retain their activated state through gene regulation
4.A.1. → The subcomponents of a biological polymer and their sequence determine the properties of that polymer.