5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a Biological systems possess multiple mechanisms that increase genetic variation.
- b Organisms use negative feedback mechanisms to maintain their internal environments and respond to external environmental changes.
- c Growth and dynamic homeostasis is maintained by the constant movement of molecules across membranes.
- d Changes in genotype can result in changes in phenotype.
- e Interactions between cells affect the fitness of the organism.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The inheritance pattern of many traits cannot be explained by simple Mendelian genetics.
- Variation in molecular units provides cells with a wider range of functions.
- Cell communication involves processes resulting from evolution that are shared common features.
- Positive feedback mechanisms amplify responses and processes in biological organisms.
- Organisms capture, use, and store energy in biological processes such as growth, reproduction and maintaining homeostatic processes.
5 True/False Questions
4.B.1. → Interactions between molecules affect their structure and function.
2.B.3. → Eukaryotic cells maintain internal membranes that partition the cell into specialized regions.
2.D.3. → Signal transduction pathways link signal reception with cellular response.
3.A.2 → In most eukaryotes, heritable information is passed to the next generation through mitosis or meiosis plus fertilization.
4.A.4. → Organisms exhibit complex properties due to interactions between their constituent parts.