5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a Mendelian genetics provides a basic understanding of the underlying causes of the pattern traits from parent to offspring.
- b Interactions between molecules affect their structure and function.
- c Organisms exhibit complex properties due to interactions between their constituent parts.
- d Interactions of subcellular structures, including a repertory of eukaryotic organelles possessing specialized functions, provide essential cellular functions and activities.
- e Errors in normal signal transduction may alter cellular response.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Cells communicate with each other through direct contact with other cells or from a distance via chemical signaling.
- Changes in genotype can result in changes in phenotype.
- Cell membranes are selectively permeable due to their structure.
- The subcomponents of a biological polymer and their sequence determine the properties of that polymer.
- A variety of intercellular and intracellular signal transmissions mediate gene expression.
5 True/False Questions
3.E.1. → Organisms exchange information with each other in response to internal changes and external cues, which may change behavior.
2.B.2. → Growth and dynamic homeostasis is maintained by the constant movement of molecules across membranes.
2.C.3. → Organisms constantly respond to changes in their external environments.
4.C.1. → The subcomponents of a biological polymer and their sequence determine the properties of that polymer.
2.D.3. → Organisms must exchange matter with the environment to grow, reproduce, and maintain organization.