5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- learned helplessness
- fixed ratio
- Lev Vygotsky
- fixed interval
- BF Skinner
- a which schedule is this: a teacher calculates your participation points every day at three o'clock?
- b he described the Zone of Proximal Development as tasks a little harder than what a child can already do, tasks that children can learn with adult guidance
- c Martin Seligman developed this idea after experiments in which dogs were shocked; some had the opportunity to escape from the shocks, others did not
- d the father of operant conditioning
- e which schedule is this: your math teacher gives you 10 extra credit points for every 20 extra problems you solve?
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- variable interval is one
- reinforcement of the sort offered by a slot machine
- Bandura's idea that our behavior, our psychology and our environment all affect each other
- if there is long time lag between the behavior and its consequence, conditioning may not occur
- worked on the Little Albert experiment with Watson
5 True/False Questions
extrinsic motivation → a desire to do something for its own sake, because one finds the behavior rewarding in itself
Ivan Pavlov → his experiments in injecting animals with drugs that made them nauseous after feeding them a certain food helped to establish the idea that organisms learn best behaviors that affect survival
active avoidance → keeping away from an unpleasant stimulus by performing a particular behavior; eg, pressing a lever to prevent an electric shock
variable ratio → which schedule is this: your math teacher gives you 10 extra credit points for every 20 extra problems you solve?
cognitive map → a mental representation of an environment gained through experience or observation, as a rat has of a maze