5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What document, signed by King John in 1215, made kings and queens subject to law?
- What was the Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom?
- What is the term for a period of low economic activity combined with a rise in unemployment?
- Which, north or south, didn't want slaves to be counted as part of their population? Why?
- What was the first state to ratify the Constitution? The ninth?
- a Magna Carta
- b Delaware; New Hampshire
- c north; they didn't want more taxes
- d document declaring no person could be forced to attend a particular church or pay for a church with tax money
- e depression
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Dis-United States
- public education was required; slavery banned in Northwest and future territories
- British merchants sold products to Americans at lower prices
5 True/False Questions
Explain inflation. → a social contract existed between rulers and the ruled
What was the idea that political authority belonged to the people? Where was the term first used? → to revise the Articles of Confederation; they ended up leaving with a whole new Constitution
Where did legislators take ideas for the Bill of Rights? → farmers couldn't export to West Indies; had to hire expensive British ships to carry their goods to British ports
Could states refuse Congress' requests? → yes
What allowed Congress to levy tariffs on imports but not exports and allowed the importation of slaves until 1807 → Federalists