5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Hera, Juno
- Sophocles's Antigone
- a Olympian, wife of Zeus, goddess of marriage, jealous of Zeus many liaisons, mother of Hebe (youthful bloom), Ilithyia (childbirth), Ares, Hephaestus,
- b the 9 daughters of Zeus and Mnemosyne who inspire artists: Clio, Euterpe, Thalia, Melpomene, Terpsichore, Polyhymnia, Urania, Calliope, Erato
- c Another name for Apollo, god of the sun, supervises the oracle at Delphi
- d King of Mycaenae, leader of the Greek armies of against Troy, killed by his wife Clytemnestra
- e Daughter of Oedipus, she was put to death by Creon for burying her brother against Creon's wishes.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- According to Orphism, Phanes is the firstborn of the gods, the "creator of everything" who hatches from the egg made (laid?) by Chronus (time).
- Daughter of Minos, wife of Theseus, Aphrodite caused her to fall in love with her stepson Hippolytus.
- Beloved of Eos, Dawn. He was a member of the Trojan royal house. She requested that Zeus make him immortal but neglected to ask that he be eternally youthful. He eventually aged, withered, and finally turned into a grasshopper.
- Roman, wrote Metamorphosis
- wife of Odysseus. Weaves a shroud for Laertes during the day and then unweaves it at night to put off her suiters.
5 True/False Questions
Asclepious → God of the winds
Europa → Phoenician princess abducted and carried to Crete by Zeus, who disguised himself in the form of a white bull.
Iapetus → Achilles' mother, a nereiad married to Peleus a mortal King.
Psyche → After trials imposed by the Venus, she was wed to Venus' son Cupid and translated to heaven as an immortal.
Theseus → Achilles' mother, a nereiad married to Peleus a mortal King.