5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Hestia, Vesta
- Poseidon, Neptune
- a Olympian, rules the oceans, god of horses, earthquakes
- b Pluto, Olympian, rules the underworld, god of wealth, mining, minerals
- c talented weaver challenged by Athena to a contest. After the contest, Arachne hanged herself and, in remorse, Athena changed her into a spider
- d a hunter beloved by Aphrodite, he was killed by a boar. Aphrodite caused the anemone to grow from his blood
- e Olympian, goddess of the hearth
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Temple where the Pythia speaks for Apollo, Sayings: "Know Thyself" and "Nothing in Excess"
- Sky god, husband of Gaia, father of the titans, overthrown by his son Cronus
- Spartan wife of Menelaus, her abduction by Paris was the cause of the Trojan War
- Titan, personification of the Sun, most of his attributes and myths were taken over by Apollo. Three children: Phaeton, Selene & Eos (Aurora, Dawn)
- Trojan War: Hector's widow, mother of Astyanax
5 True/False Questions
Menelaus → son of Aphrodite and Anchises, founder of the Roman nation
Hesiod → Greek, wrote "Theogony" and "Works and Days"
Homer → A fire breathing, hybrid creature with the head of a lion, body of a goat, tail of a serpent who was killed by Bellerophon.
Asclepious → Gigantic wrestler, son of Gaea (earth) and Poseidon (sea), he became stronger whenever he touched the earth. Hercules lifted him from the ground and killed him.
Cerberus → a Titan, best known as the father of Atlas, Menoetius, Epimetheus, and Prometheus