5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Hyperion, Helios
- Oracle of Delphi
- a Temple where the Pythia speaks for Apollo, Sayings: "Know Thyself" and "Nothing in Excess"
- b "all gifts" woman created by Zeus as a punishment to mankind because of Prometheus' treachery in stealing fire for man. Hesiod says she has the face of a goddess and mind of a bitch.
- c Titan, personification of the Sun, most of his attributes and myths were taken over by Apollo. Three children: Phaeton, Selene & Eos (Aurora, Dawn)
- d Vulcan, Olympian, son of Hera, husband of Aphrodite, blacksmith who manufactures armor and other items for the gods
- e the 9 daughters of Zeus and Mnemosyne who inspire artists: Clio, Euterpe, Thalia, Melpomene, Terpsichore, Polyhymnia, Urania, Calliope, Erato
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Avenging spirits born from the drops of blood from Uranus'severed genitals that fell on the Earth
- Beloved of Eos, Dawn. He was a member of the Trojan royal house. She requested that Zeus make him immortal but neglected to ask that he be eternally youthful. He eventually aged, withered, and finally turned into a grasshopper.
- A giant with 100 eyes who watches over Io for Hera, also the name of Odysseus' dog
- Pluto, Olympian, rules the underworld, god of wealth, mining, minerals
- father of the Olympians, husband of Rhea, overthrown by his son Zeus
5 True/False Questions
Patroclus → God of the winds
Aphrodite → Venus, Olympian, born from sea foam caused by the fall of Uranus' severed genitals, goddess of passion and beauty
Poseidon, Neptune → Olympian, rules the oceans, god of horses, earthquakes
Zeus, Jupiter → Olympian, wife of Zeus, goddess of marriage, jealous of Zeus many liaisons, mother of Hebe (youthful bloom), Ilithyia (childbirth), Ares, Hephaestus,
Endymion → a hunter beloved by Aphrodite, he was killed by a boar. Aphrodite caused the anemone to grow from his blood