5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Oracle of Delphi
- a Temple where the Pythia speaks for Apollo, Sayings: "Know Thyself" and "Nothing in Excess"
- b Venus, Olympian, born from sea foam caused by the fall of Uranus' severed genitals, goddess of passion and beauty
- c Gigantic wrestler, son of Gaea (earth) and Poseidon (sea), he became stronger whenever he touched the earth. Hercules lifted him from the ground and killed him.
- d Apollo's son Asclepius violated divine law by raising a mortal, Hippolytus, from the dead, so Zeus killed him with Cyclops's thunderbolts.
- e Trojan war: brother of Agamemnon, husband of Helen
5 Multiple choice questions
- A Greek phrase that describes the archetypal sacred marriage between the Sky god and the Earth goddess that creates the universe.
- Achilles 'prize' who Agamemnon takes from him at the beginning at the Iliad. The cause of his abscence from battle.
- Greek & Roman goddess of retribution, who punished the sin of hubris, or pride (presumption against the gods)
- God of the winds
- Achilles' mother, a nereiad married to Peleus a mortal King.
5 True/False questions
Agamemnon → King of Mycaenae, leader of the Greek armies of against Troy, killed by his wife Clytemnestra
Telemachus → son of Odysseus
Hyperion, Helios → Olympian, wife of Zeus, goddess of marriage, jealous of Zeus many liaisons, mother of Hebe (youthful bloom), Ilithyia (childbirth), Ares, Hephaestus,
Phaedera → Daughter of Minos, wife of Theseus, Aphrodite caused her to fall in love with her stepson Hippolytus.
Ares → Mars, son of Zeus and Hera, god of war, "hated by the gods" according to Zeus