5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Hera, Juno
- Heiros gamos
- Deucalion and Pyrrha
- a the 3 headed dog who guards the gate of Hades, one of the 12 labors of Hercules was to abduct Cerberus
- b Sky god, husband of Gaia, father of the titans, overthrown by his son Cronus
- c Olympian, wife of Zeus, goddess of marriage, jealous of Zeus many liaisons, mother of Hebe (youthful bloom), Ilithyia (childbirth), Ares, Hephaestus,
- d A Greek phrase that describes the archetypal sacred marriage between the Sky god and the Earth goddess that creates the universe.
- e Son of Prometheus and his wife, who repopulate the world by throwing stones (bones of their mother) over their shoulders as instructed by Themis. The stones he throws become men and the stones she throws become women.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Titan, personification of the Sun, most of his attributes and myths were taken over by Apollo. Three children: Phaeton, Selene & Eos (Aurora, Dawn)
- After trials imposed by the Venus, she was wed to Venus' son Cupid and translated to heaven as an immortal.
- Titan, personification of the stream of ocean that circles the disc of earth
- daughter of Cepheus and Cassiopea, wife of Perseus
- Spartan wife of Menelaus, her abduction by Paris was the cause of the Trojan War
5 True/False Questions
Aeolus → A giant with 100 eyes who watches over Io for Hera, also the name of Odysseus' dog
Athene → According to Orphism, Phanes is the firstborn of the gods, the "creator of everything" who hatches from the egg made (laid?) by Chronus (time).
Dido → Queen of Carthage who took refuge in a cave with Aeneas, where they had a liason. When he left her, Dido killed herself
Iapetus → a Titan, best known as the father of Atlas, Menoetius, Epimetheus, and Prometheus
Phaedera → "all gifts" woman created by Zeus as a punishment to mankind because of Prometheus' treachery in stealing fire for man. Hesiod says she has the face of a goddess and mind of a bitch.