5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Sophocles's Antigone
- Trojan War
- a A fire breathing, hybrid creature with the head of a lion, body of a goat, tail of a serpent who was killed by Bellerophon.
- b Daughter of Oedipus, she was put to death by Creon for burying her brother against Creon's wishes.
- c Trojan war: brother of Agamemnon, husband of Helen
- d Trojan War: Hector's widow, mother of Astyanax
- e The ten-year war began when Paris, son of Priam King of Troy, carried off Helen, wife of Menelaus. Priam was husband of Hecuba and father of Hector.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- son of Odysseus
- Spartan wife of Menelaus, her abduction by Paris was the cause of the Trojan War
- a Titan, best known as the father of Atlas, Menoetius, Epimetheus, and Prometheus
- Queen of Carthage who took refuge in a cave with Aeneas, where they had a liason. When he left her, Dido killed herself
- daughter of the titan Hyperion, goddess of the Moon, most of her attributes and myths were taken over by Artemis
5 True/False Questions
Poseidon, Neptune → Olympian, goddess of the hearth
Theseus → slayer of the Minotaur that Minos had kept in the labyrinth. The Minotaur was the offspring of Pasiphae and a bull.
Cronus, Kronos → Avenging spirits born from the drops of blood from Uranus'severed genitals that fell on the Earth
Endymion → Beloved of Selene, in some stories he was a shepherd from Asia Minor. Both moon goddesses, Artemis and Selene share versions of the story. In some variants, he and Selene have 50 daughters together. Zeus' granted him eternal sleep and eternal youth.
Phoebus → God of the winds