5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Cronus, Kronos
- Erinyes, Furies
- a father of the Olympians, husband of Rhea, overthrown by his son Zeus
- b son of Laertes, husband of Penelope. father of Telemachus. He survives the Trojan war and shipwreck and finally returns home after a total of 20 years.
- c Pluto, Olympian, rules the underworld, god of wealth, mining, minerals
- d wife of Odysseus. Weaves a shroud for Laertes during the day and then unweaves it at night to put off her suiters.
- e Avenging spirits born from the drops of blood from Uranus'severed genitals that fell on the Earth
5 Multiple choice questions
- Gigantic wrestler, son of Gaea (earth) and Poseidon (sea), he became stronger whenever he touched the earth. Hercules lifted him from the ground and killed him.
- A giant with 100 eyes who watches over Io for Hera, also the name of Odysseus' dog
- King of Mycaenae, leader of the Greek armies of against Troy, killed by his wife Clytemnestra
- friend of Achilles who dies in the Iliad.
- the 9 daughters of Zeus and Mnemosyne who inspire artists: Clio, Euterpe, Thalia, Melpomene, Terpsichore, Polyhymnia, Urania, Calliope, Erato
5 True/False questions
Athene → Gigantic wrestler, son of Gaea (earth) and Poseidon (sea), he became stronger whenever he touched the earth. Hercules lifted him from the ground and killed him.
Chimera → A fire breathing, hybrid creature with the head of a lion, body of a goat, tail of a serpent who was killed by Bellerophon.
Sophocles's Antigone → Aeneas recounts his adventures in a feast at Carthage. He tells of the fall of his native Troy and of how he fled from the city, and eventually established Rome.
Hector → Greek, wrote "Theogony" and "Works and Days"
Titans → The 12 children of Uranus and Gaia(Ge): Oceanus, Coeus, Crius, Hyperion, Iapetus, Themis, Mnemosyne, Phoebe, Tethys, and Cronus