5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- 3rd Person Objective
- a A story containing unreal, imaginary features
the story is just told. the reader doesn't know what the chracters are thinking
- c A term used to describe universal symbols ("common knowledge") that evoke deep and sometimes unconscious responses in a reader
- d a unifying idea that is a recurrent element in a literary or artistic work
- e the decisive moment in a novel or play
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Presents the thoughts and feelings of a character as they occur
- conflict wtih a natural disaster that is beyond the characters control Ex: hurricane, earthquake
- the conflict is between 2 or more characters
- when a character in the story tells the story using "I, me, my, we, etc."
- the story is told through one charater's eyes and reveals only that character's thoughts.
5 True/False Questions
Connotation → the additional (sometimes figurative) meanings that a word may carry (e.g., gold may connote greed)
Personification → A figure of speech in which an object or animal is given human feelings, thoughts, or attitudes
Verbal Irony → A figure of speech in which what is said is the opposite of what is meant
Unreliable Narrator → A character who shows only one main characteristic during the course of a work of literature.
Falling Action → events leading up to the climax