Called/notified by C2 report for flt duty
Crews will self-alert @ locations w/o "C2 agency".
* but must coordinate w/controlling C2 agency.
* PIC may elect to self-alert.
Reporting time - time crew is required to report for duty.
* 1h after alert
Crew Alert Time: C-135
Crew Alert Time: C-130
3 + 15
Crew Alert Time: 17
3 + 45
Flight Duty Period (FDP)
The time pd starting @ mission report time & ending immediately aft the aircrew completes the final engine shutdown of the day.
Max. FDP for a Basic Crew
All aircraft are 16h, EXCEPT for C-21 (14h)
Max. FDP for an Augmented Crew
All aircraft are 24h + 00, EXCEPT for C-130 (18 + 00) & C-21 (N/A)
Crew Duty Time (CDT)
The pd of time an aircrew may "perform combined ground/flt" duties.
When does CDT starts?
1h aft aircrew alert/notification
When does CDT ends?
When pts have been delivered to the receiving medical care.
Max. CDT for a Basic Crew
All aircraft are 18h, EXCEPT for C-21 (16h)
Max. CDT for an Augmented Crew
All aircraft are 24 + 45, EXCEPT for C-130 (20 + 00) & C-21 (N/A)
Pre-departure Crew Rest
1. "12h" min. for all missions.
2. "24" for missions sched to be away from home station "16h" or more.
a. First 12h duty restrictions: No official duties may be performed.
b. Second 12: No Duties
3. Infringement will require the start of another "12h" inviolate CR.
"24" for missions sched to be away from home station "16h" or more:
a. First 12h duty restrictions: NO OFFICIAL DUTIES may be performed.
b. Second 12h duty restrictions: ...
c. Infringement of the inviolate crew rest pd will require the start of another "12h" inviolate crew rest pd.
Off-station/En-route Crew Rest
* Pd of ground time/rest aircrews are provided b/w engine shutdown & subsequent takeoff.
* Alloted for missions w/RON (Remain Overnight)
* Min en-route crew rest pd is "12h" before the legal for alert or sched report time
Sched/unsched mission stop that require the aircrew to spend the night @ a given locat'n due to maintenance, crew duty, or pt emergency concerns.
1. Min. en route crew rest pd is :12h" before the legal for alert time.
2. Members do not enter en route crew rest until all official post-flt duties are complete.
3. If CR is interrupted, ACM will re-enter CR for a min of "12h" pd.
If a mission has a RON requirement...
The PIC & MCD will coordinated alert/take-off time based on the latest crew member CDT end pt.
Post Mission Crew Rest (PMCR)
1. Begins upon mission termination @ home station
2. For missions that keep an aircrew off station "16h" or more, members are provided 1h (up to 96h) PMRC for ea. "3h" off station.
3. NOT auth for mission that keep an aircrew off station less than 16h, but may be auth at discretion of CC.
4. Aircrew member wills not enter pre-dept crew rest until PMRC pd expires.
Aircrew members travelling in passenger stat for the purpose of positioning or de-positioning to perform missions or mission support functions.
Deadhead Prior to Mission (Positioning)
Current/qualified aircrew members may perform primary aircrew duties after deadheading, provided they do not exceed a basic "FDP".
Deadhead After Mission (De-Positioning)
Aircrew may fly in deadhead stat aft performing primary crew duties for a "max" of 24h from the time the crew members FDP began.
Scheduling Restrictions for AEC: W/in 12 hours
* Consuming alcohol beverages or while under the influence of alcohol.
* Following a hypobaric (altitude) flt chamber.
Scheduling Restrictions for AEC: W/in 24 hours
* After compressed gas diving.
Scheduling Restrictions for AEC: W/in 72 hours
* Donating Blood
Scheduling Restrictions for AEC
* When taking oral/injected medication unless on medical waiver.
Aircrew members may use the ff. meds w/o med consultation:
* skin antiseptic, topical anti-fungal, 1% hydrocortisone, or benzyl peroxide.
* single dose OTC (ie aspirin, acetaminophen, ibuprofen)
* hemorroidal suppositories
* FS approved dietary/herbal supps
*oxymetazoline or phenylephring nasal sprays.
Duties Not to Include Flying (DNIF)
*Crew members are NOT DNIF after receiving immu.*
- If adverse reaction, may be considered until cleared by FS to fly.
Crew Alert Time
1h for reporting time (show time) and an adequate # of hrs for mission prep.