5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a Not done or known before.
- b An artifical channel, especially one for carrying off excess water.
- c amazed, astonished
- d stretched tight
- e To comprehend; be aware.
5 Multiple choice questions
- not awake
- strict observance of accepted rules or forms
- not able to make something clear or easy to understand
- The state of being in a wretched condition; rain.
- A sick injured person, especially someone ill for a long time.
5 True/False questions
murky → In Bible, the ship built by Noah to survive the flood.
sodden → soaked in water
rubble → fragments of stone or other material left after the destruction or decay of a building.
careening → moving forces, swerving or lurching
jaunty → stretched tight