5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- the color green
- creed / profession of faith (shahadah)
- halal Certification
- alms (zakat)
- a a tax on possessions and various levels of taxes in agriculture produce. the tax is used for poor relief and religious purposes, such as education and building of mosques
- b Muhammad's fav. color (the color of his turban) and is often the color of flags of muslim nations. Also, garments to be worn in paradise are said to be green.
- c ("bearing witness") The confession that there is only one God, and Muhammad is the Prophet of God. Confessing this makes one a muslim.
- d in purpose, like the kosher labels used by Jews. An "M" is enclosed in a circle with a crescent
- e a shiite movement that follows their own fifth imam. Zayd
5 Multiple choice questions
- used by muslims at prayer. The mat is designed to be pointed in the direction of Mecca
- (Mawlid) Celebration of Muhammad's Birthday DUHHH
- ("struggle") The personal struggle of a Muslim in the way of piety, or the militant struggle to defend and extend Islam. Commonly called "Holy War"
- Celebrates the flight (hijra) of Muhammad from Mecca to Medina in 622 C.E. Marks the beginning of Muslim calender.
- ("party") the largest minority, they maintain that valid leadership lies in the imam, a direct descendant of muhammad, through his daughter fatima and her husband ali.
5 True/False questions
friday noon prayer → Muhammad's fav. color (the color of his turban) and is often the color of flags of muslim nations. Also, garments to be worn in paradise are said to be green.
Kharijites → ("to go out, leave") Early supporters of Ali, who withdrew their loyalty when Ali agreed to submit his leadership claim to arbitration
pilgrimage → used by muslims at prayer. The mat is designed to be pointed in the direction of Mecca
crescent and star → ("the Abode of Islam") those lands in which islam is dominant and muslim law prevails
SLM → cousin and son-in law of muhammad, he is considered by shi`ite to have been the proper successor to muhammad