6 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- the space at the top of the front page on each side of gthe newspaper's masthead. It is used for weather, index, circulation figures etc...
- a vertical division of type in a newspaper
- the first few sentences or opening paragraph of a news story that summarizes the event. The lead generally tells who, what, where, when and why.
- a headline in large type running across the entire width of the front page
- the average number of copies of the newspaper sold over a given period
- the writer's name, appearing above a news or feature story
6 True/False questions
deck → directly below the headline, tells about the main point of the story
dateline → the line at the beginning of a story giving the place of the reported incident
ad → an abbreviation for advertising
human interest story → any article, other than an editorial or an advertisement, written for the newspaper
index → the page opposite the editorial page, which is usually devoted to opinion columns by writers other than the paper's editors
op-ed → all printed material for publication