← French Revolution Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Code Napoleon
- Committee of Public Safety
- Declaration of the Rights of Man
- Georges Danton
- a first president of the Committee of public safety; urged moderation and will end up guillotined
- b this code preserved most of the gains of the revolution by recognizing the principle of the equality of all citizens before the law, and etc.
- c Political body of the French Revolution that controlled France during the Reign of Terror.
- d social class in pre-revolution / Ancien France
- e Statement of rights adopted by the French National Assembly at the beginning of the French Revolution.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- sudden overthrow of the government by a small group
- savage Russian cavalry
- popular vote; vote of the people
- king of France from 1774 to 1792; guillotined
- what Marie Antoinette said when they were arrested
5 True/False Questions
Scorched Earth → first president of the Committee of public safety; urged moderation and will end up guillotined
Bourgeoisie → The middle class in France.
Aristocracy → The five-man executive committee that ruled France in its own interests as a republic after Robespierre's execution and prior to Napoleon's coming to power.
National Assembly → A French congress established by representatives of the Third Estate
Marie Antoinette → Queen of France (wife of Louis XVI) who was unpopular