5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- cell plate
- chromosomes are replicated, DNA synthesis takes place
- increases in size, synthesizes new proteins and organelles
- organelles and molecules required for cell division are produced
- a During G1, the cell:
- b In plants, a structure known as a _________ ___________ forms midway between the divided nuclei.
- c During the G2 phase (second gap phase):
- d During the S phase:
- e The __________ separate an take up positions on the opposite sides of the nucleus.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- When the cell divides the ______________ separate.
- Each daughter cell has an identical set of ___________ _________.
- What happens during anaphase?
- Before _______ _________, each chromosome is duplicated, or ______.
- What is the longest and first phase of mitosis?
5 True/False Questions
the second phase of mitosis → Anaphase
cell wall → In plants, a structure known as a _________ ___________ forms midway between the divided nuclei.
the third phase of mitosis → Anaphase
The chromosomes line up across the center of the cell. Microtubules connect the centromere of each chromosome to the poles of the spindle. → What happens during metaphase?
mitosis → During cytokinesis, the __________ pinches in half.