5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Klemens von Metternich
- Balance of power
- The War of 1812
- First Coalition
- coup d' etat
- a A war between the United States and Britain the resulted because of capturing naval vessels and Native Americans problems blamed on Britain.
- b composed of Great Britain, Holland, and Spain joined with Prussia and Austria
- c This was Austria's foreign minister who wanted a balance of power in an international equilibrium of political and military forces that would discourage aggression
- d no one country has more power than the other
- e a sudden seizure of power, or "blow of he state"
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- members of an irregular military force, the spanish peasant fighters
- Britain persuaded Russia, Austria, Sweden to join against France
- English admiral who defeated the French fleets of Napoleon but was mortally wounded at Trafalgar (1758-1805)
- set out on this, tried to wipe out every trace of France's past monarchy and nobility
- statement reflecting the enlightenment stating that men were born and remain free and equal in rights... the aim of all political association is the preservation of the natural rights of man
5 True/False Questions
Peninsular War → published a radical journal called Friend of the People
Napoleon Bonaparte → Overthrew French Directory in 1799 and became emperor of the French in 1804. Failed to defeat Great Britain and abdicated in 1814. Returned to power briefly in 1815 but was defeated and died in exile.
Battle of Trafalgar → an 1805 naval battle in which Napoleon's forces were defeated by a British fleet under the command of Horatio Nelson.
Jacobins → group that wanted to remove the king and establish a republic
Waterloo → Napoleon's final battle and he lost; the English and the Persians defeated him.