5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- First Coalition
- Republic of Virtue
- Limited Monarchy
- Holy Alliance
- a forcible closing of ports
- b stripped the king of some powers
- c a league of European nations formed by the leaders of Russia, Austria, and Prussia after the congress of Vienna
- d set out on this, tried to wipe out every trace of France's past monarchy and nobility
- e composed of Great Britain, Holland, and Spain joined with Prussia and Austria
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- agreement that nations would help each other out in case if revolution occurred
- rich nobles, made up 2% of population
- the king who assumed the throne once napoleon was exciled to elba. unpopular among subjects, especially peasants
- liberty, property, security and resistance to oppression
- parisian wage earners and small shop keepers
5 True/False Questions
Horatio Nelson → sat on the left side of the meeting hall, wanted more sweeping changes, hated the king and wanted to set up a republic, believed commoners should have full power
coup d' etat → there was a tax on bread and the peasants couldn't afford it so they go to Marie Antoinette and she supposedly tells them "let them eat cake"
The War of 1812 → A war between the United States and Britain the resulted because of capturing naval vessels and Native Americans problems blamed on Britain.
Waterloo → sat in the center of the hall and wanted some changes in government, but not as many as the radicals.
Moderates → sat on the right og the meeting hall, opposed more chamges in governent, trusted the king, and upheld the idea of limited monarchy