5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Georges Danton
- Napoleonic Code
- The Directory
- National Assembly
- a a french congress established representatives of the Third Estate on July 14, 1789 to enact laws and reforms in the name of the French people
- b rev. leader who was devoted to the rights of Paris' poor people
- c This was the civil code put out by Napoleon that granted equality of all male citizens before the law and granted absolute security of wealth and private property
- d composed of 5 men, were all moderates not revolutionary idealists, despite corruption gave the troubled country a period of order
- e group that wanted to remove the king and establish a republic
5 Multiple choice questions
- 1. women weren't given a right to vote 2. reduced Louis XVI's role from king to common citizen & prisoner, 3. tried Louis for treason and found him guilty
- A war between the United States and Britain the resulted because of capturing naval vessels and Native Americans problems blamed on Britain.
- merchants and artisans (new wealth)
- a sudden seizure of power, or "blow of he state"
- statement reflecting the enlightenment stating that men were born and remain free and equal in rights... the aim of all political association is the preservation of the natural rights of man
5 True/False questions
Limited Monarchy → agreeing that as many as possible of the rulers whom Napoleon had driven from their thrones should be restored to power
Third Coalition → Britain persuaded Russia, Austria, Sweden to join against France
Guerrillas → members of an irregular military force, the spanish peasant fighters
scorched-earth policy → agreement
Women's March → a sudden seizure of power, or "blow of he state"