5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- First Estate
- Georges Danton
- Battle of Trafalgar
- National Convention
- a roman catholic church officials, made up 1% of the population
- b rev. leader who was devoted to the rights of Paris' poor people
- c an 1805 naval battle in which Napoleon's forces were defeated by a British fleet under the command of Horatio Nelson.
- d members of an irregular military force, the spanish peasant fighters
- e 1. women weren't given a right to vote 2. reduced Louis XVI's role from king to common citizen & prisoner, 3. tried Louis for treason and found him guilty
5 Multiple choice questions
- sat in the center of the hall and wanted some changes in government, but not as many as the radicals.
- parisian wage earners and small shop keepers
- A war between the United States and Britain the resulted because of capturing naval vessels and Native Americans problems blamed on Britain.
- forcible closing of ports
- rich nobles, made up 2% of population
5 True/False questions
July 14, 1789 → The Storming of the Bastille, people thought the king was hiding troops in the prison so they stormed it and tore it down
Balance of power → no one country has more power than the other
Waterloo → group that wanted to remove the king and establish a republic
Legislative Assembly → a french congress established representatives of the Third Estate on July 14, 1789 to enact laws and reforms in the name of the French people
Estates General → an assembly of representatives from all three states to get approval for the tax reform