5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Estates General
- Third Coalition
- Napoleonic Code
- Maximilien Robespierre
- a Britain persuaded Russia, Austria, Sweden to join against France
- b vote of the people, French supported Napoleon
- c This was the civil code put out by Napoleon that granted equality of all male citizens before the law and granted absolute security of wealth and private property
- d an assembly of representatives from all three states to get approval for the tax reform
- e member of the jacobins but didnt dress like a revolutionary, nickname was the Incorruptable, extremist in support of the radical ideas, wanted to build a Republic of Virtue
5 Multiple choice questions
- Overthrew French Directory in 1799 and became emperor of the French in 1804. Failed to defeat Great Britain and abdicated in 1814. Returned to power briefly in 1815 but was defeated and died in exile.
- no one country has more power than the other
- Napoleon's final battle and he lost; the English and the Persians defeated him.
- liberty, property, security and resistance to oppression
5 True/False questions
lycées → forcible closing of ports
Tennis Court Oath → pledge made by members of France's National Assembly in which they vowed to continue meeting until a new constitution was drawn up
Concert of Europe → agreement that nations would help each other out in case if revolution occurred
coup d' etat → a sudden seizure of power, or "blow of he state"
Blockade → government run public schools